Thread: Issue with Heart Invertor?

rodburtonmusic Guest

Default Issue with Heart Invertor?

Had issues with my house batteries not holding the charge. Talked with some folks and isolated to see the status, and yes...3 of the 4 were bad. When I hooked them back up, my heart remote showed an overload with all the lights blinking. Assuming it was because everything was overly discharged, I replaced all 4 batteries, hooked back up...and still shows the overload.

I have a heart/freedom charger and I've checked the 3 reset buttons on the bay unit. There is a fuse assembly that is near that unit, is it possible that has blown? Is there another reset somewhere to reset this unit?

Any ideas at all? I just can't run off invertor at all. Genset and chasis are great, and I have a few things that run off the power of those house (like my slide out step covers) that work fine. The batteries show a great charge. I just can't use them to invert for house use.

When you see the "overload" condition, is the bus engine running, or is it just plugged in or is it possibly both?

I had a similar situation. Mine would occasionally show an overload condition if I started the bus up while still plugged into shore power. Eventually, it did it even without being plugged in. Mine turned out to be a bad alternator for my house batteries, which in my case is in addition to my chassis batteries alternator.

rodburtonmusic Guest

It's in that state anytime I turn on the remote unit. I can be running genset, or plugged in...either way it'll come up with that indicator.