Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Silverleaf Electronics

Jeff, Where Greg describes the air dryer location is correct for earlier coaches, your Angola possibly having it there.

On the 97 it is likely high up on the frame ahead of the drive axle, passenger side. If you see evidence of oil on the coach around where the dryer "spits" you can bet it is far beyond the element's life limit. Failure to keep the dryer serviced could lead to moisture getting into the bus air system, and the likely impact could be corrosion from the inside of all valves and moving parts. At worst the system could be filled with water and you could end up with the Norgren suspension valves not functioning at all.

Jeff I just recently changed mine, and as I look back on it, older version AD-2, it was easy. My big aprehension was the the warning about the relieving the air pressure. Once done it was like med school "see one, do one, teach one".
    Greg

Jeff - I think that these are the switches you are looking for....

http://www.newark.com/jsp/content/pr...c127&page=1738

The "glass dash" from Silverleaf is quite pricey at $11,000 for just the parts. They were optimized for use with the WTEC transmission. The installation would probably require more input/interface equipment/modules if you have an ATEC transmission, as the data on the J1587 data link from those transmissions is limited. The same is true the older the DDEC version you have. It has been a while since I attached a Prolink to and ATEC trans, so I cannot remember exactly what information was available. If you have/have access to a Prolink with the ATEC card, take a look. That is the data that is easy for Silverleaf to display as a gauge. Other information, like fuel level, and air pressures must obtain that information via an input module that they would have to supply that converts that information into what the dash display computer can "read." Just some things to consider in your information gathering before talking with Martin about a unit.

Jeff Bayley Guest

I was going to dispose of my defective Pro Driver since I had the Silverleaf coming but Gary Swain (new POG member, owner and mobile Satellite tech) pointed out to me that I might want to try and leave a working one in the dash since the next owner might be expecting one to be there. I didn't think about that. Does Detroit repair these ? Anyone had there's repaired ? Need to know if I send it to Detroit to fix, trade it in, or ????

I'm here with Gary Swain in Elkhart. Tomorrow he's going to help me get my receiver upgraded to DVR's (receivers with recorders) and add a second receiver (also DVR). He hasn't even started the work yet but I already knew I was in capable hands after he took the time to explain to me in detail by email and phone what was what and what was recommended. I had my system on my first bus installed by a Motosat dealer/tech and Prevost owner so he understood the installation on the bus much better than the average dealer. Gary has an XLII and he sized up what he was going to do tomorrow and I'm going to sleep good tonight knowing that the job is going to be done right. Garys knowledge of systems (not just Motosat systems but all brands of hardware and services) is without peer. He said he reads two hours a day to keep up with the latest changes in the industry. I could hardly believe that but he doesn’t just install and service one brand, he does a lot of stuff including amping up cell phones to work better with external antennas and boosters from Wilson products. I'm getting that upgrade too. Llyod's post was the one that convinced me it was worth it and affordable too.

If anyone needs their systems serviced or upgraded go through the trouble to see where you can meet up with Gary on his traveling schedule. It's the same price as getting Dumb and Dumber to do the work so why not go first class for the same price ?

There’s a big RV show lasting about a week in Louisville KY that is going to have all kinds of vendors for RV accessories like custom made windshield shades and custom made runners and on and on. I'm going to have to make a run down there to get the cell phone hot spot installed in the bus. Lloyd made a recent post where he described using Wilson products to do this here: http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/...ghlight=wilson

Gary is going to rig me up with an architecture like this or better but needs to order the components to meet up in KY with us. We spend a decent amount of time talking about poor service so here's a good referral for anyone needing any communications or satellite work.

I'll confirm tomorrow after I'm watching the new system but I think the install is going to pretty uneventful and trouble free.

Jeff Bayley Guest

I'm just posting the follow up I said I would about my Motosat install. Just as expected. It was done fast and right. Gary eliminated the switch box and other unnessary stuff. Got my shore cable working again. I got two DVR receivers that will record 4 different channels at once while I can still watch a pre-recorded show from the DVR. My system is the Executive which is not in motion and I prefer for the better reception. So someone could still watch tons of recorded programing they had done while driving. The DVR's still record even when they are off as long as the dish is up. I can't say enough good things about Gary and Custom Coach Connections. It's refreshing to meet someone that knows exactly what they are doing, exactly where to go to fix the problem and doesn't have to get on the phone with technical support. He gave me a fixed price and stuck to his estimate even thought it took a lot longer due to issues I he had to iron out that he had no way of knowing about before hand. Gary installs all the other brands of systems too, not just Motosat. I just happen to like the Motosat and especially the Executive Dish. That's my shame less plug for a business that deserves every word of it.