Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: help 97 vogue

Question help 97 vogue

I need your help. I am bidding on a 1997 Vogue built by mitchell bus co. It has 213,436 miles. It is on ebay 100,000.00 dollars so far. Owner says it has been to provost for complete check up.I need all comments.The bus is in tenn.

Well I don't know what kind of help you are looking for, but buying a coach sight unseen is a tough trick. It can be done, but the risks are high.

What looks like a cheap price really depends on the shape of the coach and I would be less worried about the Prevost chassis and more worried about the house part. That is where you can spend a chunk of money.

Unless you are willing and able to do the maintenance and repair work on your own, I would go with caveat emptor.

Jerry I think the price is right and the owner is hattcher chevy dealer from brownsville tenn. he said new batteries ,prevost inspection, does that mean anything. I have no idea what a good bus is , but i read all the posts you guys wrote and the seller says all the right words. I would like to take one of you with me. I see that Jon lives in tenn. also i thought i could pay him or anyone to go with me to look it over first. Do you think someone would do that?

Quote Originally Posted by CFleck View Post
    I need your help. I am bidding on a 1997 Vogue built by mitchell bus co. It has 213,436 miles. It is on ebay 100,000.00 dollars so far. Owner says it has been to provost for complete check up.I need all comments.The bus is in tenn.
    For reference, here is a link to the eBay listing for the Vogue that CFleck is researching: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997-...ZRVsQ5fCampers

I noticed the description mentions a "Reserve Price" but the listing doesn't say there is a reserve, so I am not sure what they are looking to get for the bus. I believe I would get this point cleared up before I spend much time on the listing.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Ditto what Jerry said.

If I had to bid it without seeing it in person I would ask for very highly detailed photos of the interior such that I could see wear and tear, and any expensive damage to be repaired.

I know of coaches that have had cracked Corian countertops, cracked floor tiles, and odors that can never be conveyed via photographs.

If you determine the current market price for a coach of that caliber, and then assume all tires need to be replaced, all air bags, all brake chambers, all suspension valves and brake pads and shoes you can at least let your bid reflect that.

What you are buying on faith is that expensive items like the generator, AC units, TVs, AquaHot, and all systems are functioning properly.

I don't want to throw cold water on what may be a good buy, but if you cannot get to look at it, at least bid according to worst case scenario.

I forgot to mention, I would have run down to look at it in a heartbeat, but I have a plane getting an engine installed, plus last minute stuff getting set for Oshkosh so I do not have the time to drive to the Memphis area. Thats almost 400 miles away.

I have met the reserve. if you look at the link you can see the unit. i need some advice before i spend that much money for my dream instead of my nightmare.

thank you Jon for your comments. Is there anyone else in tenn. that you can recommend. The owner said everything works had it to prevost in Nashville. They put on 2 new air bags,new house batteries,has all paperwork. The work was done 6 months ago. Seems like a great price for this coach.But I don't know enough.

Jon, could I pay you to fly down and look at it. just a thought