Ever wished you could have a high speed internet connection all the time and five bars on your cell phone anywhere. Well we have found a solution that helped us come to the decision to remove the MotoSat XF3 from our roof top and save the $300 a month satellite bill.

It is a Wilson Dual Bank Wireless Cellular amplifier with internal and external antennas.

Below are the parts and URL from Wilson.

We now have five bars virtually everywhere. Even in the desert. There have been only a few locations (like the campground at Monument Valley that sits in a canyon) where we have not had a great phone and high speed internet connection.

I have shared this to several POG members and thought I would post it here. I can not help anyone with mechanical aspects of the bus, but I have a lot of experience with electronics. Hope this is helpful.

RV / Trucker Spring-Mount Cellular Antenna (301133)
with a mag mount. We screwed a small plate to the roof and sealed it. This way if something low hits it and the spring is not enough it will just fall over.

20+ feet of Low Loss Antenna Cable. You need to have wilson send you a connector. The antenna comes with 50 feet of cable but it is designed for wired connection to a phone and this is a completely wireless solution. Because of the interior antenna you have to have at least 20 feet separation between the antennas and the low loss line is important. The connector is easy to splice into the shorted line of the mag mount antenna.

In-Building Wireless SOHO Cellular/PCS Amplifier (801245) This is a 50 dB amp and it is normally installed in a building. It is what adds the extra miles to your reception.

Dual Band Panel Antenna (301123) This antenna we mounted just behind the front header on the ceiling and it makes the entire front of the bus and cellular hot spot.

Your phone antenna will give you about three miles coverage. The exterior antenna increased that to about ten miles. The interior amplifier increase that to thirty to fifty miles. Almost anywhere you are within thirty to fifty miles of a cell tower.

With these components you now have a completely wireless cellular area in the front of the bus. We have four cell phone (two Canadian, two US) and three Air Cards, Verizon, ATT, Rodgers. All of these can be hot at the same time. Meaning we can drive down the road and surf the net at high speed while talking on the phone.

This is the best Under $400 investment we have made since we bought the bus. For us it is a must have technology. Hope you find it helpful.