I don't know who else to ask, but since this is a well traveled bunch, I thought I'd see if anybody had an opinion. (Oh, please, I know... no opinions here!)

Pianafiddle has been offered a concert in Jeju, South Korea for this September. As y'all know, I really like to travel with my family. Any POGers been to South Korea in the recent past? I see flights from Washington Dulles direct to Seoul, S.K., then a puddle jumper to Jeju (which is an island often compared to our Hawaiian islands.) I hear S.K. is safe and very much a first world country, but since I'd be traveling with kids I thought I'd at least put out my feelers. Any thoughts?

This show will likely lead to other shows in the far east, with delegations from nearby Japan and China in the house to hear our unique brand of "Americana." (Which is why we are being invited.) Certainly something I'd like to do... just can't figure out how to get the bus over there. This won't be a money making venture, and will, in fact, likely cost us a bit in travel expenses.... though I'm hoping that since we'll already be over there one of our managers can help us set up a show in Seoul or any nearby/regional city/country that would want to trade a show for travel expenses and a tourist experience.

So, at this point, the details for us are sketchy, though the organization that would be bringing us over is reputable. (The International Delphic Council for the 2009 Delphic Games.) But before we go into negotiations with the Delphic Council this week, I thought I'd open myself up to the opinions of my traveling buddies at POG.

Thanks,

Adam