Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Check Eng. & Stop Eng. Lites

Larry having been shut down in the middle of a narrow road because of a sensor failure. I wish to offer: Check your manual to make sure you know the sequence of events it takes to over ride the stop engine long enough to get safely off the road. With that knowledge I would not hesitate to get on the road to a DD shop to have it checked out. Do not hesitate to call Prevost emergency phone number, they can help.

This is a glaring example of why we should all be carrying spare sensors on board. Examine the sensors and make sure you have adequate tooling to fit and leverage to remove the old ones. Most sensors are located in very difficult locations to get to. A list of sensors with part numbers was recently listed on this forrum. Good Luck your going to make it to a destination where help is available.
    Harry

Shirley & Harry / 2000 Liberty / 2008 GMC Envoy Denali

Usually all codes remain in memory. There is an exception to that however.

CBs #19, 20 and 21 in the rear electric box are always hot, even when the main chassis power switch is turned off. If all electric is lost from the chassis batteries, then the memory will be wiped clean.

I do not know if all codes are retained in memory. I am sure there are some codes that are not retained. But that is just a guess.

Harry, good advice, thanks tfor the help.

Jon, thanks for the help. Maybe I screwwed up something when I installed the charger for the chassis batts.

If your not getting any stored codes via the DD reader, then possibly there is a problem with a daughter/mother board in the basement or a combination of the digital dash and associated circuit boards behind the dash. It's very difficult to trouble shoot all the CC boards and circuits and some of us have been down that road. Don't know if Nick Hessler is still out there, but CC isn't going to be much help to you. On the non-digital dashes, if the check engine light comes on, there is a code stored.

Like Harry stated, know how to use the override (yours should be a foot button on the floor) in case you get in trouble and can't get off the highway.

Tom, thanks I was not sure what the foot buttom was all about .
    Thanks again.

I think he was saying the check engine and stop engine lights come on so often you might as well have a foot button so you don't have to reach to the dash with your hand to press a switch.

As a non-CC owner I was not aware the DD codes are run through the CC electronics. That puts a whole new spin on this so Larry, you really need CC specific advice. Nick Hessler does know his stuff and Miles is the POG expert.

Jon,

The 2000 CC has a foot button on the floor for the override instead of a dash switch. I thought it was a dumb idea because your always hitting it with your foot and I believe Jamie experienced some warning lights due to accidently pushing the button with his foot.

Larry, the last contact number I have for Nick Hessler is 541.321.2545.

He is in your part of the country. I am not home and away from my records so can not give you anything else.

JIM

Thanks Jim for the info on Nick Hessler I'll give him a call.