Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tsssssssssssssssssssssss.........

Default Tsssssssssssssssssssssss.........

Long after my coach is turned off, I hear air leaking out of this item. The photo is looking up from under my coach on the passenger side, right in front of the drive wheels. I do not have any leans, but this sucker will leak air for 5 minutes or longer after the coach is shut down. What is it?

Fiddling around with some of the protruding parts I can get the air to stop coming out. I can even get it to stop when not holding it. But once I roll down the road, it comes back.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images

Orren Zook Guest

Looks like a leveling valve to me, Neway part: 90054007 OR Euclid E-4323 about $50 at your local truck parts store

Adam, I think Orren is correct.

I hope your not under the bus messing with the suspension without supporting the bus.

JIM

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Adam I want to be sure you are not hearing air exhausting out the short tube that just tails off hooking to nothing. Put your finger over that and see if it stops. If so at worst your ride height valve may be getting slow but working as designed. As the bus gets closer to ride height, coming down, the airflow decreases and some ride height valves take a pretty long time before the exhaust port completly seals off. It is like the closer the bus gets to height the smaller the leak becomes., finally it stops

I am probably way off base here

How do you know it comes back when you are rolling down the road?

Sorry for the spelling folks my hard drive puked I am on a borrowed laptop and can't find the spell check.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cannarozzi View Post
    Adam I want to be sure you are not hearing air exhausting out the short tube that just tails off hooking to nothing. Put your finger over that and see if it stops. If so at worst your ride height valve may be getting slow but working as designed. As the bus gets closer to ride height, coming down, the airflow decreases and some ride height valves take a pretty long time before the exhaust port completly seals off. It is like the closer the bus gets to height the smaller the leak becomes., finally it stops

I am probably way off base here

How do you know it comes back when you are rolling down the road?

Sorry for the spelling folks my hard drive puked I am on a borrowed laptop and can't find the spell check.
    Guess what I meant to say is that the leak is audible when the engine is running and when I turn it off. The other day I had it over a pit and played around with it. I was able to get it to stop hissing by jiggling it around. But then when I started the bus up again, it started hissing again. That's all I meant. I was able to stop the leak but not keep it stopped once jostled about.

As for supporting the bus... yes, I know I am not to get under it without support. Is there a thread with suggestions as to how to support it? I can't find jacks at my local auto parts store with a high enough rating. I do have a big ass oak log that I use as a chopping block that would hold it though.

Thanks for the info about the part. You guys are great.

Oh, and hey, we have a show coming up at an AMAZING summer festival in Virginia's Blue Ridge Mountains. It is at the Wintergreen resort. Anybody in the area should drop me an email. It is one of the most amazing outdoor places to catch a show. It's just stunning up there. Concert is on Wednesday the 29th. I have a few comp tickets left.

~Adam

Hi Adam. I would not get under a Coach without primary and secondary support. If you have not been versed in this, do not attempt it. Find a qualified mechanic who works on heavy Trucks and such to show you the procedures. I would not use a oak log as it could split under the 30,000 lb.plus weight of the rear end.
    Also, Hydralic jacks are not considered adequate support, primary or secondary.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Quote Originally Posted by garyde View Post
    Also, Hydralic jacks are not considered adequate support, primary or secondary.
    Gary,

so talk to me about this - I just bought two 30 ton and 2 20 ton jacks at Harbor Freight. That is not adequate support? Couldn't find anything like a jackstand rated that high. What does the shade tree guy use who doesn't have a pit? Also bought some of the solid concrete blocks at Lowe's for backup support.

Gordon, Northern Tool will have the jack stands you need. Keep the 20 ton jacks and take the others back. Solid cinder blocks are worthless as far as I'm concerned. I rather have Adam's oak chopping block. Best of all, stay out from under the bus. If you are feeling the need to crawl around under there, find a pit you can drive over.
    Will you please PM me your office address. I have something that will look just super in your new coach.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Gordon raise the bus all the way up and get a measurement at the support points. Have 4 pieces of 4in dia. steam pipe cut about 1 in short of that measurement and weld some square flanges on them for a base.

That will support it.

Jack stands rated high enough are too tall to fit.

If you can find them some bottle type screw jacks like they use to raise a home are short enough and strong enough too

These will work. I bought a pair before Jon built the bus spicific ones last year. The screw jacks are a good option also.
    http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...8703_200318703