Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To Whome It May Concern

Exclamation To Whome It May Concern

It's been a few weeks now and probably won't affect many POGers.
    FYI, the State of Ohio no longer has the dual speed limits on the Interstate Highways.
    The 55 mph for trucks and non commercial buses and 65 mph for cars, have reverted to 65 mph for all vehicles.

JIM
    Last edited by JIM CHALOUPKA; 05-06-2010 at 09:11 PM.

Are you kidding? That is going to have a huge affect on POGGERs.

I for one will step it up to 62.5 mph. I was previously living dangerously and getting as high as 59 mph.

I'm just surprised it took them this long to figure out how dangerous the dual speed limits were. Now if only the other states with dual limits will follow.

In TN, in the metropolitan areas such as Knoxville we have dual speed limits also, but they are justified by reducing the speed of trucks to improve air quality (?). But fear not, there does not appear to be any significant differences in speeds between cars and trucks.

Dual speed limits?

I thought those were for the other guys.

JIM,

Is this new speed limit for all Ohio Interstates besides the Turnpike? The Turnpike was listed at 65 the last time we went thru this past April with the new Airstream 270 Coach.
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

Petervs Guest

If the speed limit is autos 55 trucks 65, to me that means you can go 120 if you want to. Is the bus an auto or a truck? In California, on I-5 in northern CA they say 55 for 3 axles or more, but in southern CA is just says trucks and trailers...not very consistent.

I always believed that if they post a speed limit of say, 55 miles per hour, than the only way they could cite you is if you actually traveled more than 55 miles in one hour, not if you just happen to travel more than one mile in one minute. yeah, convince the judge I know you will all say.

But really, why not post the speed limit in feet per second. Everybody will enjoy traveling at 100 feet per second, and then the Highway patrol would only have to check your speed for one second.

If only I were king of more than crap.....

JIM,

In the west the speed limit on interstates is 75 for all if you want to go that fast.
    Last edited by Coloradobus; 05-05-2010 at 06:06 PM.
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

So Peter if you get stopped near the 3 axle sign, can you lift the tag and tell them you were only running on two so you could drive faster?

Must be Brian ordered a load of fertilizer from Peter, and Peter is delivering it.

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Default Suggestions!

Someone once told me those speed limit numbers that are posted are only SUGGESTIONS!

Cool

The 65mph Jim, is for all Ohio Interstate roads.

Now the funny part is that very many trucks still go along the way we do in P O G, 58 to 62 mph.

That is what they drove before the change too. I am not talking about those few who before and now exceed the current 65 mph.

Up through the 60s when we used to be able to buy AMOCO no lead hi test gasoline and mix it half and half with SUNOCO 260 and run 14:1 compression we had one speed limit and it was very high to say the least.

JIM