Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Member - Any NASCAR Fans? I have a few questions

Default New Member - Any NASCAR Fans? I have a few questions

Thanks for checking our post. If you're into NASCAR check out www.timjr.com - that's us.

Anyway- I found a lot of helpful info on this site, we recently bought a 93 Prevost XL by Liberty and are still trying to figure some of the small things out.

We are looking to add a new in-motion satellite system, considering the King-Dome Trac-King #9762 and would like to hear any suggestions or advice.

And for anyone that may be a little more advanced in the trailer wiring area- does anyone make an adaptor for the 6-pin round trailer plug (prevost wired into the bumper) that will allow us to connect a 7-way blade plug into it (from a 20' enclosed trailer)?

THANKS!
    Tim Jr.

Welcome to POG Tim, I have a low profile Track Star and use Direct TV for my supplier I get excellent service from the West coast - East coast. I believe you will like driving the bus even more than the race car

Welcome to the POG forum. It's the best ten bucks you will ever spend on your bus. You will soon learn that I am one of only about three or four people here that really know what we're talking about. We are also season ticket holders at Texas Motor Speedway for what that's worth. Here is a link to the wiring adaptor you need and no matter what anyone else tells you, TracStar is by far the best satellite system for your bus. It cost a little more but they are dollars well spent. Flawless is how I would describe our TracStar system.

http://www.trailerhitches.com/electr..._Way&TID=CE541

http://www.tracstar.com/

dalej Guest

Welcome Tim,

Glad you joined and are a part of this group.

Official Name of the new guy.

tim .jpg

Speed Racer

Welcome to POG, SR.

I have the Trac Star - very happy.

Mango Mike

Ditto on the TracStar. Buy others at your own risk.

You are already starting out ahead of the game by owning a Liberty. Where you fail is joining up with this bunch of misfits. If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask. If we don't know the answer we will make something up.

Welcome aboard. Try not to take anything that goes on here too seriously. And if you come to any of our rallies, don't forget we dress formally for evening dinners.

Thanks Ted you made me look smart

Forgot the trailer plug question.

I made an adapter with a plug to mate with the connector on the bus, and a new style receptacle. I only used it once and then used the parts for something else, but both types have the pin's purpose molded into the plastic, such as RT (right turn) S (stop), etc. It is easy to create an adapter.

I do not know if your age of Liberty has it, but in the control box for the trailer plug Liberty has a switch that allows you to select whether the turn signals are integrated with the brake lights or if they are separate. If you have that feature it might be worthwhile to put a voltmeter on the pins to verify power is to the pins for each of the trailer light functions and make sure that matches up with how the trailer lights were wired.

lonesome george Guest

Tim:
    Welcome to this malfunction.

Welcome aboard, Tim!

Now, please don't take this the wrong way, as no offence is intended, but I gotta ask....

Simply judging from your photo, you are old enough to actually drive the bus, right???