Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Docking Lights

I recently ran up on an expert that told me that they should have put a cummins in the Prevost. I told him that I had antiicipated problems with the Detroit and had replaced it with the new Briggs and Stratton engine. He had heard that they were supposed to be good too. What a dummy.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Quote Originally Posted by phorner View Post
    Update....

Rock Auto just sent me an email telling me that my item was out of stock, on back order, no ETA available, my order cancelled and my money returned. Try again later.

Bummer.....
    Here's Bosch's website: http://www.bosch.de/start/content/la...html/index.htm There is a contact form (see Contact link at the top of the page) - perhaps Bosch will help you find a source for the lens? It's worth a shot!

Thanks for the link. I'll bet I can get one from Liberty as well, and they're close by.

On the subject of the "campground experts" that often comment on our busses, I really do try my best to go out of my way to be courteous and respectful. Most non-Prevost owners have already formed an opinion of Prevost owners and it's not usually favorable.

There was a time when I rode what my riding friends referred to as a "rice burner" and although there was some friendly kidding going on, in those days the Harley crowd would mostly ignore a rider on anything else.

After I bought my first Harley, I vowed to never become a "Harley snob". The guy behind me in the rain was getting just as wet as me no matter what he rode. Whenever we rode, we would always be extra courteous and leave generous tips at the inevitable meal stops. After all, we rode to eat!

Once in a while we would be ignored at a nice restaurant or hotel, and we would politely leave after making sure we told the manager just how much business they just lost. Nevertheless, we tried to make sure the public was being exposed to a positive image of Harley riders in spite of our appearance. Back then, there were certain highways in NJ that you just couldn't ride a Harley on and not get stopped by a NJ state trooper due to a lot of outlaw gang activity, and everyone riding a Harley was treated as a member.

My point here is that now that I am fortunate enough to have acquired a Prevost, I think it's important to continue the positive public relations. These days, perception is reality. As a fellow "camper" my concerns are the same.... I need a safe and comfortable place to spend the night with the appropriate utilities. I would prefer those "SOB" campers to view a Prevost as something to aspire to.... not merely envy. Hopefully, they'll want to buy one some day and make all our busses that much more desirable and valuable. People will long remember how we treated them long after they've forgotten what we drove.

And perception is powerful. I want to be viewed in a positive light. There are certainly those that do not understand our life style and would gladly replace our bus for us with a pop-up pulled by a Prius.

Lastly, I proudly display the POG logo on our Jeep and always explain the logo to our camping neighbors if asked. I want them to at the least leave with the impression that if "that Prevost guy" is a POG member.... well, he's still a pretty good guy.

And, I'd like them to be right
    Last edited by phorner; 07-14-2009 at 02:33 PM.

Paul,

If you fail to get the lenses, I have two that may or may not work. If you haven't got them by OKC, see if mine fit.

Thanks, Jon.

I'm hoping to have them by OKC, but you never know....

Default Straight from the horse's mouth!

Just for the heck of it, I sent an inquiry to Bosch earlier today via the contact form on their website. In less than two hours, I received the following reply by e-mail:

Re: part # 1 305 354 911, please contact AES @ 800 843-3546 for replacement information.

Regards,
    Bosch E-mail reply

I'm pretty impressed with the quick response!

Paul - maybe it's worth a call to the number above to see if they can supply your replacement lens at a reasonable cost!

Thanks for the tip. I'll give the number a try....

Talking Docking Light Found

Well, I did call AES and they were cordial enough. However, they advised me that these lamps were on back order. Might have some in September.

So, as it turned out, Prevost had them in stock and mine has been delivered and installed. Around $40 from Prevost, which was within a couple of dollars of what AES wanted, without shipping. Since I was ordering a couple of other items from Prevost anyway, the shipping was free for all practical purposes.

Thanks everyone for all the leads....