Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalifornia at it again

That's pretty cool, Jon..... the Corvette being the "econo" vehicle in your garage

My last 'vette, a '93, was by far my least costly vehicle to drive. It was comfortable, reliable, got great gas mileage and could go much faster, and corner harder, than I ever wanted to.....

It's a 2007 Z06. Waaaay more car than I can handle, but like all my other Corvettes before it the improvements between it and my 1990 were huge leaps.

It is my cheapest car to drive, 24 MPG local driving, and over 30 on the road. It is my daily driver except when I need the pickup.

Truth be known, the cars I own today are so much better than the cars of yesterday it is impossible to measure the improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    It's a 2007 Z06. Waaaay more car than I can handle, but like all my other Corvettes before it the improvements between it and my 1990 were huge leaps.

It is my cheapest car to drive, 24 MPG local driving, and over 30 on the road. It is my daily driver except when I need the pickup.

Truth be known, the cars I own today are so much better than the cars of yesterday it is impossible to measure the improvements.

That's all correct Jon save one thing......they are nearly impossible to work on unless you are a recent graduate of SMI or one of those mechanic schools, even then I have my doubts. I lift the hood on a newer car and just close it again. This sensor, that sensor, that chip, the computer, wiring harnesses everywhere with no apparent logic,lotsa plastic and many with parts that self destruct if one attempts to take them apart....plus the cutesy little placards that announce something about no adjustments can be made.

BTW what is a POS, some kind of trick Peugeot Wagon or a special model of Packard? Now there's the car 49 Packard Convertable with three on the tree and a throbbing straight eight

POS......piece of sh*t.

Actually it is a fantastic car, now. For the first three years I averaged only 3 tanks of fuel between trips to the Mercedes dealer for repairs. Some simple, but others very serious like three instrument diplays disappearing. No speedometer, no gauges of any sort, no turn signals, no miles etc.

We view the new cars with their multitude of sensors and processors as impossible to work on. Ironically, they are made that way so the computer can tell the guy working on it what is broke. Kind of like the Airbus pholosophy. Let the computers do the thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by flyu2there View Post
    BTW what is a POS, some kind of trick Peugeot Wagon or a special model of Packard? Now there's the car 49 Packard Convertable with three on the tree and a throbbing straight eight
    A POS is short for a piece of sh... uhhh..."fecal matter"

He said "throbbing"

Speaking of the Peugeot or POS if you prefer, the Peugeot of airplanes is the bus, Air Bus that is....bad comparison! Did you know that NWA had an similar incident to the tail falling off on Air Chance outta Rio a couple of weeks back.....lucky for them they were daylight and clear (VHF on top ) and the tail stayed on....barely. I never flew one of them but friends that I have who do and did...they all agree......POS!

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Some really close friends just came home with this.

It has a friggin V-6, what Gaul

cockpit removal and upgrade 006.jpg

cockpit removal and upgrade 007.jpg

I used to have a 73 Cuda 340 4-speed 3.92 8&3/4 rear end.
    Exact same colors.

A V-6............ good grief Charlie Brown. No good Mr. Chevy, no good.

Don't dis the 6 cylinder Joe. That is the same architecture engine that is in the Cadillac CTS and if I'm not mistaken that puts out over 300 horses. It will eat that Cuda for lunch.

sawdust_128 Guest

Joe: This is the v-6:

Blackfull1%20026.jpg

It is pushing 400 HP

I have seen one delivering 628 HP.

Mine is stock and it is my economy car. Everything else is V-8 Mopar trucks.

Wow.......I live in NJ and have a few asian car stores, I'm not feeling the love here!
    Wendy and Rick DeSilva
    '08 Marathon H-3
    2017 F350 platinum
    Mahwah, NJ
    Brant Beach, NJ
    Pelican Lake, Fla