Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Newell Owners Wanted

Jon,
    We're in Brockport, NY now for about 4 days, stay off the Thruway, it sucks as usual. Had a guy at the Marathon Rally from Jamestown, he didn't know you. The new dual slide Marathon blew me away. Wish I had Lew's money.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

The Brits drink warm beer all the time.

And you would miss seeing some Newells:

lewpopp Guest

Tom Truk

Wish you had Lew Bucks or Lew's Bucks?

Come on down to Elmira and I'll show you around. Lots of room in the fairgrounds after Tuesday.

Elmira area has more to see than many large cities around the country.

I would organize a POG rally here, only I'd lose all of my friends and gain some enemies. If I bring in a few at a time, I can sneak them around to some of the sites without being too noticeable. A lot of people say "hi Lew" to me when I'm with a group and I scoot them away before any stories are told. I have a reputation, ya know, good or bad is up to the judgement of the Anal POGers, I guess. They are so criticle of some things, I couldn't pass the muster.

Have fun

Lew

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Ben Guest

I look at a few Newell's at the Florida RV Supershow last year and was very impressed with the interior layout and design, but I did not have enough time to look into the systems that were running everything behind the scenes. It was only the last few years models that I liked. The older ones didn't do much for me and the new ones were out of my price range (I have a '97 Prevost).

You might consider contacting some of the sellers on rvonline.com who are selling older ones and mention that you're thinking of purchasing a newer Newell and just want to see if they have any advice.

If you're looking for more than two slides, then be sure to check out Marathon's three slide coaches. In my search for the perfect Prevost, I ended up wanting a Liberty or Marathon over everything else, but any slide-equipped model was out of my price range.... after all, I don't have that many Lew Bucks.

I just love the gleaming stainless and the no-compromise quality of a Prevost, which is why I didn't consider SOB.

Default Ashville Rally

Deb and BOB-00 :

Thanks for the kind remarks and the invitation to join yall in the hills. But work is getting in the way of My (our) Bus Duties. Today is Micki's birthday, and I told her we should be out of town on a trip! (next year for sure) Instead she is down at the creek washing clothes, and skinning the varmits we trapped last nite, as soon as she gets done chopin the firewood, I will ask her if maybe we could slip off after work one evening next week to check out any show coaches, and to visit with yall. Golly, shes a good woman! Asheville is about an hour a way thru the woods. So if you can post - at the rally -let us know.
    This part of the country (east Tn and Western NC) is a well kept secret. Enjoy!
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Default Newells

I stopped at the Newell plant in Oklahoma in May and was super impressed with the coaches and the factory. The slides open out and the floor rises to fill the gap.........way cool. I was not impressed with the turning circle of the under 2005 coaches. IFS can spoil one.

I am also wanting slides but my '97 will have to do for some time unless the Lottery strikes.