Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AC service in Iowa

Judi Brown Guest

Default Crusairs

To add to storey,this bus and retirement may have created a mad man. He ordered his equipment. ($3,500.0 US ) Says he is not going to kiss these air conditioners guys butts any longer trying to get them to just have a look.
    One thing I will say, when he makes up his mind, money or research will not stop him.
    Judi B

Judi,

Get used to this pattern. It is the same path I am traveling. After years of dealing with service people who treat you like the village idiot, fail to show up on time, who overcharge, and who rarely get it right the first time I have concluded if a guy with butt cleavage and a bad haircut can do it, I can.

Look at it this way. The time spent driving the bus somewhere along with the fuel cost, along with the huge bill you will get will more than pay for the tools. Usually the time I spend doing repairs is longer because I am doing on the job training, but because I want to do it right I rarely have to do it twice. So far on the bus all the repairs were done right the first time so taking my time has been worthwhile.

A bus is a complete assemblage of every system known to man, and despite the seeming complexity it is really quite logical and serviceable. Not only the bus, but the house portion, and both are assembled from common parts easily obtained.

So next Christmas, your birthday, your anniversary, and other holidays, encourage your hubby to buy tools. They are cheaper than both repairmen and mistresses.

Judi,

Mine is in the 2nd bay curbside (40' XL) behind a panel in the back of the compartment. It can also be accessed from the 1st bay, center of the bus, rear bulkhead behind a removable panel with the house batteries.

dalej Guest

Tom tell us the truth, a Liberty... have you really found it yet!

Dale,

I think I found everything, even a loose squirrel cage fan belt for the remote gen radiator hidden behind an 18" X 18" panel in the radiator/electronics bay. You need to lay on your side with hands over your head, turn part of your body 90 degree's and work with your nose sticking through the itty bitty panel!

That's part of the Liberty old man's health program. Those are stretching exercises you old fart.

Judi Brown Guest

Default Crusairs

He has found a product that is legal in Canada.Enviro-Safe22A. He says the equipment he has ordered can be used to charge system. Can purchase with no certificate, He wants me to ask if anyone has used this product. There web page is (autorefrigerants.com ) Thanks again for putting up with his
    dreams.
    Judi B

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

I would use only R-22 and it would be new product.

I do not have any experience with the alternatives.