Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AC service in Iowa

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Judy with all of the pertinent info on your coach needed to help find that bedroom compressor not included in your signature I can tell you without a doubt it is in the basement

Look at the exhaust openings under the bus for the 2 a/c's up front behind the bumper then search for the same thing elsewhere under the bays.

Again not knowing whether you have 3 or 4 would also help to help you.

If you find 2 similar additional openings under the bus turn the unit on and off the blower will be the giveaway.

I'm assuming it is completly behind a panel since you can not see it, half a dozen screws usually pretty easy.
    I can say for sure that the bedroom unit will not be either of the 2 behind the front bumper.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 07-07-2009 at 11:48 AM.

If cruiseairs are properly charged the sight glass will not be clear but will look like water flowing.

dalej Guest

Judy,

Just look in the yellowpages.com for the town you will be in and type in air conditioning. Call and ask how much to add a little R-22 to your system. Hint, don't go into, It's a Prevost conversion with Crusair's. Just say you have some small R-22 units that need topped off.

After the service you can tell them all about your MILLION DOLLAR BUS.

dalej Guest

Clear water, no bubbles.

Judi Brown Guest

Default Crusairs

Hi
    There are 3 spots to set air tempature. So he thinks there are 3 on bus.
    Now I will tell you his new hairbrain plan . He can get lots of recovered freon
    and is buying unit to charge himself. He just paid $100.00 for airconditioning
    course on internet and says he has lots of time to learn. Someone help me talk him out of this.
    Judi B

dalej Guest

I'm not Judy, I think him learning all about his air conditioning is a good idea. Who knows, maybe he can charge other at rallies!

I'm really not sure about using the recovered freon though.

Talking

Dale,

Not so sure about clear in the sight glass. Last OWT I heard was not foamy, not clear but occasional bubbles.

Judi,

Don't get pissed, but I would have some reservations about the skill levels of an AC guy if he cannot find one of his three AC units.

To answer your question about where they are....keep in mind you have an H3 and I have only had XL shells so take this with some skepticism. You should have two behind the bumper. Both of those should be positioned so you can see the sight glass.

The third on both my coaches (actually the 3rd and 4th on the present coach) is located behind a panel that is in the center of the rear wall in the first bay. When that panel is removed you should see the third unit. That is the one for the bedroom. If it is like my former coach the sight glass is visible.

Good luck on both the Cruise Air hunt, and having your new mechanic service them. (Just kidding a little because they are not difficult to recharge, and unless the problem is just a bad capacitor, or something related to the compressor topping off the R-22 should not pose any problems.)

Judi, the third Cruiseair in your coach will be serviced through the second or third bay, curbside, behind the entertainment center. The entertainment center unit has to come out. The Cruiseair is behind a removeable panel at the back of the bay.

Judy, Judy, Judy,,,,(do I sound like Cary Grant),

Let him do his thing. Buy the freon after the course and he'll know not to use recovered freon unless its been reconditioned.

He'll save himself a lot of grief being able to top off the charges himself and its not rocket science. Follow the charts for temperature and pressure. These are great units and very easy to work on, just tough to access.

Grainger (in the south) sells Freon 22 (if your certified, and he will be after the course) and its nice new stuff. He can also buy it online with certification. Just paid $160.00 for a 30lb can.

Some Marathon coaches and maybe others have all three cruisairs behind the front bumper. That's the way Lew's was set up. Two on pivots and one set back in the middle.

Our CC has the third Cruiseair in the third bay, curb side. It services the bedroom unit.

I have always had better luck with boat guys working on them. This is from the Cruisair website.

Iowa

J & S Marine Sales & Service

Phone: (586) 463-3400

Fax: (586) 463-1762

Email: jandsmarine@comcast.net

Washington

Sure Marine Services Inc.

Phone: 206 -784-9903

Fax: 206-784-0506

Email: sales@suremarine.com