Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AC service in Iowa

srowe Guest

Default AC service in Iowa

Anyone have experience with air conditioner (cruiseair) service in central Iowa? Everyone I call comes up with lots of excuses not to work on them when I explain what they are.

Any help is appreciated. I'm a newbie with a '91 Royale, learning the hard way.

Steve

Which AC? OTR, Cruise Airs, or roof airs?

Roof airs are clearly an RV dealer's specialty. Bus air (OTR) is something a refrigerated truck or trailer place can handle, and Cruise Airs just need to be shown to the service folks. They are nothing more than an R22 "package" and once the tech sees how simple they are there is usually no issue.

dalej Guest

Steve,

Welcome to POG!

Cruisair's have a site glass close to the units, if you start them and look at the site glass it should be clear after running a few minutes.

Just look in the local yellow pages and find someone that will stop by and add a little freon.
    Last edited by dalej; 07-07-2009 at 10:23 AM.

I gotta learn to read.

Talking

On the average Jon you do pretty well, just chalk it up to the first senior moment of the day

JIM

With all the AC talk going on lately, and now the tip about the sight gauge for the Cruise Airs, what type of preventive Maintenance other than keeping the fins clean/clear of debris & dirt could we do without really "getting into it" resolve. My front 2 (under driver in spare tire compartment) behind a heavy front bumper, does not seem to gain admittance to being able to clear/clean them. They are working extremely well and I would like to keep them like that especially given the local high temperatures.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

srowe are you headed east or west. If a charge adjustment is all it needs I have a guy in Chicago.

If you are headed elsewhere go to busted knuckles and greasy jeans and then to the thread cruisair demystified and then to Jack14r's post. you will find all the charts a tech will need to get the charge perfect.

I too found it difficult to find a guy but with those charts there was really nothing left to chance and any good tech will do.

dalej Guest

Crusair's are very low in maintenance. There are places to add oil to the shafts of the squirrel cage motors, but I think most guys will tell you, the trouble that it is to get to the front one's, well lets just say, I have never oiled mine.

I replaced the motor in the back one. The one in the engine compartment gets more dust and dirt in that area.

In short... maybe have to add freon once in a while but that's about it.

Judi Brown Guest

Default Crusair

We have a 91 Liberty and the crusairs need freon. We can't get it in Canada,
    so am going down to Bellingham to get it done, Where is the one for the back bedroom and does anyone know of place in Bellingham Wash. to get it down.
    Thanks
    Judi B