Thread: Sturgis

Hybrid View

jelmore Guest

We're heading west out of Minneapolis next Wednesday. Would Thursday be too late to get to Sturgis? It would be fun just to see part of it, if only for a drive through or a single overnight if we could find a spot.

Would one of the Daves of Dave & Dave be the Dave Wishnoff from Liberty in Stuart?

The official start is the 3rd... we are leaving the fourth. The crowds are pretty moderate so it is a lttle less hectic. Jim we will miss you guys by a couple of days...keep us advised of your travels were headed back to NC from here.
    Granvil Tracy
    2000 Vantare XLV45, S-2

dalej Guest

Granvil,

Head south of Rapid, SD to Chadron, NE then Southeast on hwy #2 until Grand Island and then give me a call for a overnight and visit.

G-Man,

If your not going to see Dale & Jan (I would if I were you) and want to get off the beaten path and still do good speeds, jump off I-90 at Murdo route 83 south all the way to N. Platte, NE. Decent campground at N. Platte called Holiday RV Park, I-80 & 83 and Hog friendly.

Dale: thanks for the invite...we are mapping our return trip and will try and take you up on your offer. Truk: will try to check it out,thanks.
    Granvil Tracy
    2000 Vantare XLV45, S-2

Dale: ended up staying another day in Sturgis so it looks like we will make the express run back to N.Carolina. Thanks for the invite and will make it a point to stop in next time. If you find yourself in So. Florida look us up.
    Granvil Tracy
    2000 Vantare XLV45, S-2

jelmore Guest

Granville ... if we came through there just for a Friday or Saturday night, is there a place to dry camp? Seems like the RV parks, if a space is available, only reserve for a week. Or maybe we don't want to dry camp in town during this week? Maybe a drive in with the car would be better and park the bus out of town?

Jim I wouldnt know where to direct you... we stayed at a place called big rig resorts 605 347-1510. There are a ton of places along I -90..also the main drag into town is Junction ave. There was a house on the right hand side about a mile from the interstate on Junction that was offering to park in their driveway..looked like they had electric pedestal. Sadly we have left already or I would get the number for you. call me at 305 799-4193 if you need more color.
    Granvil Tracy
    2000 Vantare XLV45, S-2