Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunshades for the front

jelmore Guest

Default Sunshades for the front

Maybe you all have seen them, the ones that Liberty put on. They're gray mesh, they snap in place, they sag, hold wrinkles. The good thing, they block out quite a bit of heat.

I've seen some tight fitting sunshades that look sharp. Ran across a vendor here in Traverse City that looks like he does very nice work. Color choice? Black. Well, I already have black privacy shades and they are a huge source of heat when the sun is on the front. My main concern is blocking the heat. Privacy is secondary, by far.

There's another company that offers color choices.

Has anyone had the black sunshades made? How's the heat? Did it work out, are they hot?

Thanks.

We have the black sunshades and they are great! They do not hold heat and really do a great job of reducing the interior temperature in the front of the bus.

Ours were made by RV Sunshades. They custom make their shades for each coach, so there are no wrinkles. They fit so well that, from the inside, it just looks like you're looking through a tinted window.

We have had a set made for each of our last 4 coaches by this company.

We're VERY happy with them!

We've had the black sscreens on the outside of both our buses, and they are well worth the money. We have white electric shades inside the bus.
    Last edited by dale farley; 07-04-2009 at 08:14 AM.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

We have the tight fitting black ones as well - Jenny said you could feel the temp drop in the cockpit area when I put them on for the first time at Kerrville a couple of weeks ago. With 105 deg temps and the afternoon sun on the windshield, I found it still necessary to close the front shades to block even more heat, but they work very well.

I have a question, are all the screens you all use have snaps?

jelmore Guest

Gordon, on your Marathon, are the front shades white or black? Ours are black and sometimes it seems cooler to keep them open.

Jim,

I think one of the differences is that the sunshades on the outside of the windshield shades the glass and provides for a reduction in temperature.

The black shades on the inside trap the heat between the windshield and the shades.

jelmore Guest

Quote Originally Posted by phorner View Post
    Jim,

I think one of the differences is that the sunshades on the outside of the windshield shades the glass and provides for a reduction in temperature.

The black shades on the inside trap the heat between the windshield and the shades.
    You're smart. So you think the black outside shades work ok, eh? Did you have the Liberty gray?

Elliott, All the outside shades/screens that I've seen use snaps to hold them.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Jim,

We have the black outside sunscreens and our interior shades are very light biege - essentially white. I think that helps reflect any heat adsorbed by the black sunscreen. Our test was in very hot conditions though so I am guessing in more normal weather the sunscreens alone will do the trick.