Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Welcome Charlie and Mollie. You have joined a great group of folks, they are most helpful, and are all a lot of fun.
    We also have another new member Jim and Carol Trout. They have not jumped into the POG pond on their own, so I will throw them in. They have just purchased Richard Becker's 96 Mitchell/Vogue. Welcome to the POG group!

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

It looks like you all scared Mollie and Charlie away. No response at all to the verbal sparring and insults, so yet another Prevost buyer has turned tail and run.
    Well, the members list shows they haven't yet read the posts, so we probably haven't scared them off .... YET.

The last activity by them was one hour after their post, so they've missed all of the fun, so far.

Ray

Lawlak Guest

Default Question about Marathon Prevost

Hello everyone,

I have been looking for a used coach for the past few weeks and will have a deal done this next week. I have been working with a really nice guy at the Dallas Marathon store. I am buying a 2006 H3-45 and while I have not seen the coach in person I have looked at about 200 pictures. It has three slides and looks new. I don't want anyone to think that I am whining, but I am 49 years old and have terminal cancer. I have been dealing with it for almost 5 years and pray that I have a couple of years left. I only mention that so you will understand why I don't need to buy a brand of coach that is going to give me lots of problems. I am on chemo right now and don't have much extra energy to deal with big problems while headed down the road. I would like to hear what you pro's can tell me about the quality of Marathon Prevost coaches. I have been very impressed with the salesman but then again that is his job and I have never owned a coach. Thanks for any information that you can give me.

Tony
    New Mexico

Tony welcome to POG.

...and just kick that cancer in the ass.

A marathon is a great coach and you won't be disappointed. Plus you have a bevy of fellow Marathon owners that would love to give you all sorts of advice.

You need to put OKC on your calendar.

Mango Mike
    Last edited by MangoMike; 07-02-2009 at 09:50 PM.

Tony,

I think you are on the right track. No one has more nationwide service centers than Marathon, so between them and Prevost, just drive the crap out of that thing and we'll do our best to help you have fun at the expense of others.

Good luck.

JDUB

Tony,

Welcome to POG. Marathon makes a fine coach, and I'm sure you'll have many happy travels with your new bus.

How about making plans now to join us out in Oklahoma City, Oct 2-8 for POG 8th POG rally?

Also, if you're able, there's a group getting together out at the Oshkosh fly-in at the end of this month. I'm guessing they could get you in there too.

Welcome to the group.

Wink I Am Back

Hi,everyone I JUST read all of your posts. Can you see the capital letters [I JUST],Icannot type it takes me forever. So thats why I AM A GOOD listener. See the caps. So from know on I will be using lower case letters.. my spelling is also terriable so please have fun at my expense.i am sure by reading all of your posts that you are all geniuses. i fill so intimated,but, i am sure i will get over it. My wife and I still work at our regular jobs.I CAN ONLY GET ON THIS SITE AT NIGHT[SEE THE CAPS] DARN!!!!. So for a little history.I work for a utility company. My wife is an artist.She paints me all the time in the nude, but it takes me forever to get the paint off. We live in DuBois,PA. at mile marker 100 on Interstate 80. N OW BEFOR I GET HAMMERED,DARN!!! Now before you all hammer me about living on i 80 , i dont , it was just a referance. I can retire at anytime now. the house is now for sale. When it sales we are out of here..So we are looking for a good Prevost motorhome for about 10,000.00 dollars. I know thats alot of money but we only want the best. So if any of you want to make a good profit on your motorhomes just call me. my number is BR549.We will need your help to guide us on what coach to buy,what year to buy.We can only afford a coach that cost about 150,000.00.We dont want any slides,we want at least a 40 foot coach.I just want to thank all of you for being so nice to my wife and I. I want to thank Jim for allowing us to be on this sight for an introduction offer of 500.00 dollars. We appreciate his sacrifice.This post only took me 1 hour to type,not bad HAH!!We cant wait to get on the road and meet all of you.Thank you for all of your help.

Hi Tony. Marathon is one of the best. The support is very good as well. Just keep in mind its a Prevost first so everyone can answer questions on that issue. Congradulations and enjoy. It's going to be a great experience for you I'm sure.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Default Welcome

Charlie and Mollie,

Welcome aboard. I was in your shoes about a year and half ago. I had never owned a tent and knew nothing about RV's. This group, the good guys, and the so called numbnuts were all very helpful to me in determining what is important mechanically and in functionality. Feel free to ask any question and this group will help you through your thought process.

It will be to your benefit to post the specifics of what you are looking for in a coach. With all of the pro's on this site they can probably direct you in a direction to help find exactly what your looking for. Some people on this site have looked for their perfect bus for years and others, like Jen and I, took the advice of this group and found a bus that we liked right away and have enjoyed every minute of it. Good luck in your search and I hope to get to meet you down the road.
    Tony and Jenny Conder
    Abilene, Texas
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    2008 Marathon D/S XLII
    2017 RAM 1500 4x4

Charlie and Mollie,

As mentioned before, Mango Mike has a really nice 97 Liberty, which might be in close to the right price range.

Another suggest is to contact Steve Bennett at CA Coach Company. Steve is a POG member, a POG sponsor, and Prevost owner as well. Great guy and has several coaches that might be within your intended budget. Now is a great time if you're looking for good deals. But, do be aware of unscrupulos sellers. Steve will certainly treat you right.

http://www.californiacoachcompany.com/

and obviously, our forum sponsor you can find many coaches for sale at

http://www.prevost-stuff.com/

There are several other POG sponsors, which you can find on the front page of POG.

Ray