Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie

Smile Newbie

Hi, My name is Charlie Fleck,my wife,Mollie, and I are are looking to buy a Prevost. We felt that this forum would be a great place to start. So just wanted to say hi.I am not very good at writing but very good at listening, hope to see you soon. Thanks, Charlie

Charlie and Mollie,

Welcome to POG, it will be the best $100 you'll ever spend in your Prevost experience.

...and if you're interested in a 1997 Liberty XL 45', I'm your guy.

Mango Mike Anderson
    mike@mangomikes.com
    Last edited by MangoMike; 06-30-2009 at 12:17 PM.

Charlie,

Welcome to the asylum. We especially like to help people spend their money so ask your questions and step back and the answers will fly.

They may not be correct answers.

We make a lot of stuff up.

If you expect advice from this bunch you need to realize the first or second response to a question may actually relate to the question you asked, but after that the entire thread may drift to totally unrelated subjects, and none of the posts may contain any accuracy. It's your job to sort out the fact from fiction.

If listening is your thing you have come to the right place, especially if you like to hear sheep go baaaaaa. Whatever you do, make sure you do not let the wizards on this site intimidate you. Almost all (except me) are social outcasts with no redeeming qualities.

Wink Oxy What?

Hey Mango.....Is that the one that's powered by oxygen and water?

Oh, Mango is serious. He has a coach he would love to see you own. I am sure if you buy it he will fill the tank with diesel, and then invite you to park with the bunch at OSH so he can teach you how to operate all the systems.

The downside is there will be a bunch of us there and you may end up being a sheepherder.

Welcome Charlie and Mollie! If you have a sense of humor (even better if it's a warped sense of humor), you'll love it here! Despite what Jon says about "making stuff up", this group is a virtual fount of valuable knowledge regarding Prevosts, conversion systems & components, bussing and RV'ing in general, sheep, and other random subjects (some not fit for mixed company). They joke alot and tease each other unmercifully, but whenever a fellow Prevost owner is in need of help or advice, there is not a more qualified or generous braintrust you can find!

Jump in with any question you may have - don't be shy - we were all newbies at some point (a few of us - like me - are perpetual noobs!). Sure - you may get a little teasing from time to time, but it's all in good fun and you will always get the information you seek at the end of the day! (Sometimes, you may not like the answers, but these folks won't pull punches with the important matters of bus maintenance, repair, safety, and sheepherding!)

Tell us where you and Mollie are from and a little about yourselves! In fact, you can put some info in your signature - like city, state, bus year, model, & converter - bank account number, etc!

Above all else - have fun! Most POGers won't bite, and the ones that do usually can't find their teeth, so the worst you'll suffer is a severe 'gumming'!

Buy a 1997-2000 XLV, Liberty or Marathon. We can make those run.

Welcome aboard Charlie and Mollie. You came to the right place for OVERLOAD on information. Hope your long term memory is better than.......what was I talking about?

Give us guys some of the specifics of what your looking for and we all will offer our opinions, right or wrong they are just our opinions.

Rivets / Non Rivets
    Slides / 1 Slide / 2 Slides / 3 slides / 4 slides
    Over the Road Bus Air / Cruise Air / Roof Air
    H3 Model / XL Body Style
    40' / 45'
    North/South or East/West Facing Bed
    Used Cost $$$$ / New $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Maintenance Costs Used $$$$$$ / New $

Just fill out most of these questions and we will start throwing ideas and web sites your way.

Just ask Scott T. He has a whole slew of us helping him spend his money.

Gary S.

Charlie / Mollie,

If you buy a coach you won't need this any more.

po0oii_2.jpg

Just remember:

Good Guys

Ray
    Kevin Erion
    The King
    Dale J.
    Roadrunner
    Ken Z
    Gary D
    Darl
    Jeep
    Jim K.
    Harry

Numbnuts:

Krakman
    Lew
    A1
    Lew
    Beagle Boy
    Mel Torme
    Lew
    Spongebob
    Metal Filings
    Al Cannolli
    Lew
    Brillo Boy
    Bite-Me-To-There
    The King
    Foon
    Lew

Guys To Be Afraid Of

MangoMike
    JDUB

Welcome to Internet hell.

Glad to see JDUB had his restraints removed for long enough for him to type the above. Either that or he gnawed through them again.