Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
Joe,

This is only my opinion based on an experience we had. Two 13,000 BTU Cruise Airs will not keep bus temperatures below 85 when the OAT is 96 to 98 degrees. When the interior temps were in excess of 85, even though the OAT had dropped to 94, after 3 hours of running all four Cruise airs (total of 52,000 BTU) we had just gotten interior temps down to 78-79.

If the bus interior temps are maintained at a comfortable temp (for us it is around 72) then three might be able to do the job, but as we found out if they are warm to start with four units are barely adequate. There was just too much mass of heated interior to cool down.

I recognize that what is an acceptable and comfortable temperature for some does not work for us. Also, our 40 footer had three and apparently the shorter length only required three, but our 45 in our opinion definitely calls for 4.
After only about 20 nights in my 3 cruiseair bus, I have learned that staying ahead of it is key. We have been camping in some really hot temps already and having the awnings out and getting the A/C's ginning before it gets too warm inside keeps things nicely cool.

When we were in Kerrville, they had a power failure while we were in town for a couple of hours mid afternoon. The bus switched to inverter power and went down to 2 cruiseairs. This was in 103 deg heat and the 2 not surprisingly did not keep up. When we returned, started the genset and went back to 3 cruiseairs it took a couple of hours to bring the interior temps down from low 80's to low 70's. 3 are enough when that hot, but you have to stay up with it.