Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Oshkosh 09 Official Sign Up Thread

dalej Guest

Thanks Mike, always nice to see your photos. Makes us feel a little jealous though.

jelmore Guest

Have to say this about Mike Anderson and Jerry Winchester ... great hosts. These guys know how to entertain. A really good time by all. We sure enjoyed it.

Here's some more pics from Oshkosh ... Jerry's ride gets tagged (girls just having fun), some of the fabulous machines at Oshkosh, Jon's birthday gets a celebration, POGgers didn't have to wait in line to park like this one, alternate camping vehicles.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimelmo...07119115/show/

And for those at Oshkosh, here's the Doobie Brothers you missed.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimelmo...28176370/show/

I would also like to thank Mike,Jerry and their team. We had a great time due in large part to their efforts. Interesting note...Kim and I were in the middle of nowhere So. Dakota when we see the skycrane lumbering to the Northwest...presumably headed to it's home base in the Northwest.
    Granvil Tracy
    2000 Vantare XLV45, S-2

Granvil, Back in the ninties the Skycrane only lumbered to and from major airports. Jack Erickson had the machines flown from job to job in his Boeing C-97 Guppy. Over time however it became obvious the turbines in the helicopter were more reliable than the P&W 4360's in the Stratocruiser which now lives in retirement at Erickson's museum in Tillamook, OR.
    Attached Images Attached Images

wasn't aware..how would you happen to know that bit of info?
    Granvil Tracy
    2000 Vantare XLV45, S-2

It seems there was another Air Strike at Camp Osh.

dubcar_2548.jpg

dubcar_2550.jpg

Plus the obligatory Sheep Attack on the A-1 mobile.

jonbus_4481.jpg
    The End

Hello to everyone at camp Osh. Thanks for all of the photos and comments. One of these days, I'd like to get out there. Looks like everyone had a great time. Good job on the sheep keeping as well.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

sawdust_128 Guest

Default Wwwhhhaaaaapppppppppp!!!!!!!!

That's the sound of my butt catching up with me. Now that that's over Thank you to all for the great time at Oshkosh. Mango & Jdub, excellent hosting. We will get pictures up and out soon. A great time.

For those who said we would have enough in a couple of days, we stayed on until the day it ended.

What a great time. Just one issue. I gave the explanation as to why Jdub and Mango have such a large supply of those sheep. I've never seen such faces.

Mike, Jerry, Jon, Ken, Ed, Granvil, Jim, Thank you for making Sandy and I feel very welcome at OSH. It was our first time with POG and the best of many times at OSH. We signed up too late for OKC but are on the waiting list. Hope to see you all there!

Larry and Sandy Dahlin
    2003 Liberty Elegant Lady XL-II

2009 Buick Enclave

Larry, likewise. It was great meeting you and Sandy. You had the opportunity to see the short version of a typical POG get together and if that did not scare you away the full size versions can be easily handled.

Do your best to get to OKC, even if you have to park on the side of the road. There are going to be some great seminars and you will meet up with other Royale owners who can give you all the pertinent poop about your coach. All of us owners who have had our coaches for a while are great resources for coach specific questions.

JDUB and Mango have all those sheep because....(I cannot say because this is a family site). You ought to see their knee boot collection to go with the sheep.