Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Oshkosh 09 Official Sign Up Thread

Jeff,

I certainly did not want to rain on your parade but after reading the posting and knowing the event quite well.........I think you made the right call. I would liken it to trying to sell a fish boat at Sturgis during bike week...IMHOP

Best,

John

Wink Fish Boat!

Quote Originally Posted by flyu2there View Post
    Jeff,

..I think you made the right call. I would liken it to trying to sell a fish boat at Sturgis during bike week...IMHOP

Best,

John
    Now that you might be able to do!
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

jelmore Guest

Mike, we'll be there Saturday morning in time to get parked and see the Bonanza fly in. Can we bring something, like orange juice and something bubbly for Sunday morning breakfast?

Jim Elmore and Linda French

Still without a bus waiting for a Marathon bunk bus to pop up. We had a great time last year and wish we could cruise up this year. I may pull a rabbit out of my hat and fly up so I will stop by the "camp" if I do...remember no generators past 10 PM

Brent
    Last edited by meandmyprs; 07-24-2009 at 11:17 PM.

sawdust_128 Guest

We are hoping to be out of camp cannarozzi in the early part of the morning. Here is my cell (919-337-8145) and if you could give me a call about the later lart of the morning and give me a guiding hand inbound, I would appreciate. I will not have forum access after this session.

Thanks.

Ed & Cindy.

Jeff Bayley Guest

Hope you guys are all having fun at the show. Sorry we missed it.

I wasn't going to say anything about this while I was there I was just going to do it nice and quiet. If I told people I don't know I might get turned in but since I'm not there......here goes. I'm only posting this for the people that told me not to stop posting my stories.

The day before last or maybe two days before, me and my buddy were one of the last ones making our way out of the fenced in show toward the RV park and we happened to pass the headquarters where they park and charge all the golf carts the use to get around. Maybe there were 50. Maybe a 100. It was right off the main walk way. Opposite the side of the walk way of the flight line as you would expect. We'll, it was unattended and I just got a little curious and poked around until one started. I don't remember if they had or needed keys but if they did need key's, it take long to see one with a key in it. I cranked it up (my buddy was far away watching but too afraid to participate) and picked up my buddy and man it was nice driving that golf cart back to my bus after walking all day. I just parked it in between my bus and another RV. The next morning I awoke to give myself a ride back to and around the show and discovered I had boosted one with a VIP sticker on the front that was the "All Pass Access". There are certain places that roped off and to enter some of those (few) areas mostly military I recall at the very end of the walkway it seems, well those areas are off limits to golf carts that don't have passes but we just saluted the good men as we drove my never stopping.

I guess it must have ran on gas because I used it all day. I went back and forth to my bus to get cocktails and cool off. It was pretty convenient. I never worried about getting questioned and I never did but I pretty much kept moving. Before I left, I put it back where I found it.

If any of you get sore feet from all the walking, now you know. Great for picking up chicks too. "Going your way, ya'll need a ride ?". Like falling off a rock really.

I know nobody else will want to do that, but if you do, I'll not only be surprised. I'll be impressed.

Tell more about what we are missing. Which rocket truck do they have at the show. Is a semi or that Chevy truck by Neill Darnell. Goes by Darnell Racing. If Darnell is there, find his Prevost and check out the fanciest double stacker you'll ever see. All carpeted and showroom like. Spent like over $100,000 just on the trailer.
    Last edited by Jeff Bayley; 07-25-2009 at 06:37 PM.

Thumbs up

Fabulous story, Jeff! Keep 'em coming - pictures, too!

Default Life is Good at OSH 09

Great turnout at OSH this year on the Felker "back 40". Weather cooler and windier than usual, but great for plane viewing.

Nice group of POGgers.

sheep_4160.jpg
    Entrance sign in Trukmans memory. We miss you buddy.

busfront_4162.jpg
    Lined up and ready.

busses_4146.jpg

bonzland_4085.jpg
    Jon, Ken, JDUB watching the wave of 100 Bonanza's landing.

donnaRae_4087.jpg
    Mrs. Mango and Rae
    Last edited by MangoMike; 07-27-2009 at 12:10 AM.

Default more Pixs

janet_4148.jpg
    "We don't need no stinkin' planes". Janet Zitter.

dublts_4144.jpg
    "No Sheep attacks on this bus". JDUB.

lights_4138.jpg
    Never enough campsite lighting.

Attachment 5113
    Last edited by MangoMike; 07-27-2009 at 12:15 AM.

Default Best Part of OSH

THE FOOD!

team_4157.jpg
    Team photo.

IMG_4129.jpg
    The buffet line.

salmon.jpg
    Sunday night dinner provided by Janet and Ken Zitter after catching 120# of Lake Michigan fresh Salmon.

cook_4155.jpg
    Mangoette Danielle helping to cook the Zitter Salmon.

dessert_4117.jpg
    Fresh dessert.