Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Oshkosh 09 Official Sign Up Thread

Hey Mango,

B-O-B XX and I will unfortunately not be able to attend OshKosh.....hopefully someone can park in our spot! I know Jon needs help manning the Pilots N Paws booth so I am trusting ya'll to help him out--he will be the guy with the paw on his chest

We'll be with you in spirit!!

Debi and Bob-05, xx, etc........

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Jeff that H-3 45 DS shell makes it 4 right? Or did you get rid of one?

I am thinking about taking our bus to the airshow.

I have asked a very dear friend of mine if he would like to attend and does. All the walking around for displays would be out of the question he is close to 80.

He used to fly his plane in years ago and just sitting at the end of the runway for a day or so watching and participating would really be fun for both of us.

We will see, I will need a driver I think I got one. Deb will be staying behind and it would only be for 2 nights.

Jeff have you givin up on your Angola?

jelmore Guest

Is there room for another in the POG bus lot, or should we look in the other RV parking? Definitely looking forward to the show. Jon, we'd be happy to help out if you still need it.

Jim,

I added you to the list. Should be plenty of room.

Mike

We have a 10 X 10 booth, so unlike Sun N Fun where we had a 20 X 30 space with a 16 X 16 tent we will have limited booth space. That's good news and bad news.

The good news is I only have to set up a long table, a short table, put up a couple of banners and set out a couple of dog crates with some furry toy animals, brochures and I'm done.

The bad news is we don't have a big area to set out all the 10 chairs we had at S N F so it can be a gathering spot for folks to sit, rest and socialize. I doubt if we can have more than 2 folks in the booth at any time. We'll just have to see.

I welcome the help because this will give me a chance to go pee, see the other exhibits, eat lunch, or just take a break. I have no clue how many PNP folks are going to drop in and give a hand.

Building D, booth 4143

This to us is a big deal because this will be the kickoff to encourage pilots to register as transport pilots and to participate in our pilotsnpaws 5000, an event scheduled for Sept. 12 thru the 20th in which we want to transport 5000 animals to safety. While we are working on pilots, Debi is working on rescues to get animals to be transported. POG started all this with the seed money in Sevierville.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    POG started all this with the seed money in Sevierville.
    The birth of PNP was before my time on POG, but it sounds like a fantastic story and an unqualified success! As a dog lover myself, the mission of PNP touches my heart in a big way. Keep up the good work, Jon!

Lets not forget Debi and her contribution to PNP. She has been and still works like an Amish plow horse. She is the force behind the web site, and right now her focus is on getting the rescues to pair up and provide animals to transport for the PNP 5000. That is a massive effort, and she has worked hard and still has a lot of work involved in that part of it.

My role has been to focus on bringing more pilots into this effort, and starting with OSH I have to shift into gear.

What we did not realize and what few people see is the effort behind the scenes gathering media attention, dealing with the various personnel problems, reaching out to everybody that wants a presentation about PNP (Aug. 26 in northern IL, Sept 19 in Lancaster PA, OSH, and the AOPA convention in November), all in addition to the routine stuff, Deb handling all the heavy lifting on the web site and me usually flying 2 days a week doing transports. I don't know if she can pst a link, but tonight as this is being typed she is doing a live radio interview for a station out of Seattle.

Jeff Bayley Guest

Default Anyone want to carravan in my busses to Oshkosh ? Private stays in Airstream

Is there anyone in Florida that wants to go to Oshkosh but not bad enough to spring for the gas expense ? I want to take my H4-45 Shell there and put a for sale sign on it. I'll caravan along with my other Bus and tow the 22' 2005 Airstream for you to stay in when we arrive. On the way home, you can stop and camp as much as you want with the shell and the Airstream (probably have to mostly do dry camping because of the length. I have generator for Airstream. If I went, I would go to MINN. about 600 miles away for a week and then turn south to come back. Could bring the H3 and pick it up from your place in Florida. I pay for all fuel or at least the 1,400 mile round trip (using Bradenton as the starting point)

Jeff,

As a many year veteran member of the EAA and a guy thats been to Oshkosh a time or two, do you really think this is the place to try to market a shell or a bus?

We are talking die hard airplane guys here that live and breathe the things, to most of them a Prevost is just another form of Winnebago, in fact Winnebago probably has better name recognition. Now, if you had a cherry P-51, a newly built Starduster, even a tricked out Lancair, that would be a whole new ball game. The vendors, and there are a bunch of them, are all airplane people. These guys for the most part would never consider driving to Oshkosh; this is a big fly in! Anyone who is anyone flies to Oshkosh (sorry Pogger's), the big kids bring their jets, the small fry's poke in piloting LSA's.

Personally if I was trying to sell one of these badly, NASCAR would probably be the place, certainly not Oshkosh. For whatever that is worth..

John

Jeff Bayley Guest

John-

Thanks for the advise. Things aren't lining up for me to be able to go go anyway and it would probably be a big disappointment as you said.

Thanks