Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 6D vs 8D and also how many of either.

Default Me to

Joe, I want to explore what you have described to my coach. 4ea 8d batteries for 12vdc house system with a 2500 watt xantrec Freedom Inverter. I would like to arrange for that inverter, with proper management, to operate 1 AC for the coach (Cruise Air) and also rig an auto start for the gen set so that if we are out of the bus and the dogs are in the bus, if the shorepower fails the auto gen set will keep us from having "Hot Dogs" and also allow us to use the one Cruise Air while cruisin down the Highway......what you think?

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Have you purchased an autostart yet?

Putting the source for the power to an a/c on an inverter and then making sure while you are doing that you do not overload it with other things is the easy part. (unless you have a propane fridge you absolutly can not do this with only 1 inverter)

Wiring it so you can easily and safely move that source back and forth from the main panel and inverter panel requires some engineering. I would want it to look and function like the converter installed it.

You can not leave it on the inverter while on shore or gen with only 1 2500. I have not decided how I will do mine yet. A clean instalation, convienient and failsafe is what I am looking for.

Do you have CC OTR A/C? I'm guessin not.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 07-16-2009 at 07:30 AM.

Don't make the installation of an inverter more complex than need be.

To add an inverter just cut the buss bar in the 120V panel to dedicate the new short length with limited circuits to the inverter.

That way only the circuits on the short buss bar are powered by or through the inverter. Power the inverter / charger from the main portion of the buss bar. All shore or generator power to the inverter is then passed through the inverter internal transfer switch to the short section of 120V buss bar.

The AC can be the only device on that circuit if desired, and when shore or generator power is available it just passes through the inverter, while the inverter functions as a charger.

Couldn't be simpler. The hard part is routing the wires and fishing them over around and through the coach.