Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Zip Dee excitement

JDUB,

If it's convenient, I would stop by Zip Dee and have them take a look at your situation. I've actually found them to be pretty helpful over the phone for the few things I've needed.

Jimmy is definitely the go-to guy there.

Good luck....

I can say with confidence that awnings are potentially huge problems and they need to be in perfect shape for travel.

We have had an awning fail in high winds while driving and it is a thrill to see your awning unrolling and slamming into the side of your coach. We had one torn from the coach in a sudden wind burst in Colorado Springs and that time it was ripped from the coach.

We now lock both ends, we have a small center lock to prevent it from opening, and I velcro both arms together as additional insurance. If you have any doubt about your awning's integrity stop at ZipDee. We did and they did a superb job of attaching it properly and making sure it was in perfect condition.

Hi Ray. Yes, check with Marathon. The type you are looking for were used on the single and dbl. slides for the Zip Dee before they began using the roof mtd. awnings.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Thanks guys, I'll check with Marathon ...

Roof mount Gerards(sp) on the roof working Great, push the button and in or out they go...no locks or added safety systems!
    Thanks for asking

Petervs Guest

You know, awnings coming out while driving along on a windy day, well, that is typical Winnebago or Bounder behavior. Prevost owners really should maintain their equipment in condition for safe travel. We have a reputation to uphold.

Why else do you think Prevost owners always stop and help other Prevost owners along the side of the road? Why, because it is so disgraceful to our reputation to have common RV folk think we could ever have any kind of problem. If there are two of us, then it must be a rally!

Kevin,

You are just showing off now. The push of a button is nice.

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

Well for you button pushers, here is the best solution.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jwin63

Just call Kevin and have him bring his mongo step ladder over with a bundle of mongo sized zip ties to keep your Zip Dee awning from premature awning deployment.

So, I received the following lock from Marathon. Turns out to be a standard ZipDee part, it seems.

Anyway, I need to glue this onto my glass, probably as high as I can before the glass starts curving.

What type of glue would you recommend?

Here's a picture of the awning lock.

Ray
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here's why it's so necessary on an XL2. Not sure if you can see it in the picture, but because the windows go all the way to the roof line, there is no place to attach the normal catch/hook assembly, except way in the back, past the last window. The awning is completely unprotected in the front, and a sharp cross-wind can do real damage.

window.jpg

As you can maybe see here, the catch is back in the last inch or so of the awning. Not the the ultimate solution, for sure

window2.jpg