Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Early XL

Seems to me that bass player, manager and emcee should deserve recognition too!! OK, I guess "The Masters Quartet" doesn't have the same ring to it. Maybe "The Masters Four"?

I had all the recognition I needed, and I almost always had the final word. Even if that word was "Yes maam".
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

dalej Guest

One of the best things about this group is that we all have a "Rest of the Story" (Paul Harvey)

Always enjoy learning more about the people that make up POG.
    Last edited by dalej; 06-19-2009 at 12:45 PM.

Dalej, The rest of the story is that we made the last record in 1973, because our son was born in 1974. His arrival brought a screechig halt to our traveling every weekend. We both had full time jobs also.

He is now our Pastor and is still not crazy about us being on the road too much. He's never actually says anything about us being gone, but I know he had rather we are here working in the church.
    Last edited by dale farley; 06-19-2009 at 12:19 AM.
    Dale & Paulette

Default Holding Out On Us?

Dale, OK, now you are in trouble! Ed is going to "get your goose" when he reads the thread about you and Paulette. Here he had to go to Professional Music Kamp in TN this week to learn how to play his bass and you could have taught him at all our mini's and big rallies. You could have saved us a few bucks! We know how good Paulette is singing because she always would sing with the POG Band. Just wait..... the boys(Ed and Dan) are going to see this post today when they come home from class. LURKER!!!!
    Sandy
    CaptMogul & Sandy
    2002 Royale XLII D/S
    2013 Toyota Tacoma
    PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS & THEIR FAMILIES

Sandy,

I quit playing the bass several years ago for a couple reasons. A couple of my fingers don't bend any more, and it is difficult to maneuver the frets with stiff fingers. Secondly, the styles of bass playing have changed significantly from years ago, so I wouldn't fit in too well with today's music. Most churches have moved from traditional to contemporary music. Paulette has had no problem making that switch with her singing, but I fell off the band wagon with the advent of contemporary music. Paulette is a much better singer than I was a bass player.

Ed is much better off getting the help he has received. I would just confuse him. Once he has the basics, he will develop his own style and continually improve over time. He seemed to be doing fine the last time I heard him.
    Last edited by dale farley; 06-19-2009 at 04:31 PM.
    Dale & Paulette

rodburtonmusic Guest

Hey Dale...where were you guys from? As the Masters Trio, that is?

Rod,

We were from Pensacola, FL. Many weekends we were singing in FL, GA, MS, AL and as far North as Tennessee. We cut both albums in Nashville.
    Dale & Paulette

So in reality we have folks driving "entertainer's coaches" right?

I had the pleasure of joining Debbie and Jay and Sandy and Ed at an accoustics concert last night. The talent level was outstanding, and those four have assured me that when they join up with professionals like Dale and Paulette, and then Dan S. joins in we are in for a rocking good time in OKC.

I'm hoping for some fifties music from them, like Santo and Johnnies "Sleepwalk", or something by Duane Eddy.

Default Jons Favorite tunes

What? What happened to Lawrence Welk?

I heard thru the grapevine he took his OTR compressor and turned it into a bubble machine.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost