Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone know what's on the lid?

No matter what you do John, It can't look any worse than a bike rack on the back or a plastic shield on the front.

I cannot figure how to work Crap into this, but maybe someone will.

Fly Dude,

I have the answer for you... I'll get a picture of my roof today and post it. Brian had the green machine roof coated when he had it painted and I think the product works well.

Here ya go John...

IMG_2972_1.JPG

This stuff is great in the heat and I'm sure keeps the bus cooler. Brian will probably jump in here. I don't know the name of the product or any information, so Brian is your man.. You won't need OTR with this stuff!

Petervs Guest

Well John flyu2there, as Czar of Crap I hereby award you a POG demerit. Wear it proudly.

It is not cool to mine the collective knowledge of the POG gang if:

A. You have not made even a cursory examination of your problem yourself first.
    You said you looked at the roof in your jammies on a hot day, then dashed off and posted on the POG site for help before really seeing what your situation was. We do not want your excuses, we want the facts, nothing but the facts please, sir. (Sergeant Joe Friday,Dragnet)

B. You do not accept the findings and suggestions of the POG group.
    In this case you seem to have rejected our collective wisdom and are just going to go do what ever the heck you want anyway, in spite of all the stellar advice provided at no cost to you. You can lead a horse to water, but.....

sawdust_128 Guest

Well John flyu2there, not to worry. You are in good company. I am resisting assimilation into the POG collective as well. I'm definitely hanging crap on my coach, I'm using the vinyl carpet protectors, I'll get a platic sheild and I'm driving 65 mph if I want. Damn the Czars!! Enough of their crap.

Lew is a capitalist and has moola named Lew Bucks.

Peter is a Czar and has Crapola.

Next thing you know, Peter will be insisting on labeled soap for all coaches.
    Attached Images Attached Images

How are you guys securing your awning lanterns? Mine don't roll up well with the awning.
    GregM

Wink

Greg, Barb hangs them with velcro.
    When I try to stop her I get crap up to my chin.

Peter, you can lead a horse to water and you still get crap.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Petervs View Post
    Well John flyu2there, as Czar of Crap I hereby award you a POG demerit. Wear it proudly.

It is not cool to mine the collective knowledge of the POG gang if:

A. You have not made even a cursory examination of your problem yourself first.
    You said you looked at the roof in your jammies on a hot day, then dashed off and posted on the POG site for help before really seeing what your situation was. We do not want your excuses, we want the facts, nothing but the facts please, sir. (Sergeant Joe Friday,Dragnet)

B. You do not accept the findings and suggestions of the POG group.
    In this case you seem to have rejected our collective wisdom and are just going to go do what ever the heck you want anyway, in spite of all the stellar advice provided at no cost to you. You can lead a horse to water, but.....

Boy, you guys are tough! Dutchman, first of all do not confuse a business suit with "jammies"...........although I have slept in a suit more than once, but that a different story.

I am going to add this issue to my "carry over" list. The only place where I can attack this with any real room is my hangar once we clear out the airplanes. I used the thermometer gun today at 10 a.m., at 18 feet it was 137 degrees......that's way to hot to live, much less to sand, mask and paint. No, I didn't spend a whole bunch of time analyzing this issue however I doubt few amongst us would, make that could have done any better As it was, my toupe went straight and my eye make up and wrinkle cream was running...........

Jon, by putting this on my "carry over" list until the summer heat passes, it will allow me time for the design of a new plastic shield, ladder, bicycle and lawn chair carrier, and my favorite, a holder for one of those blue portable tanks to haul poop away I am also considering curb feelers, porta-walls, replacing the muffler with a glass pack, and a bright orange bug reflector on the front. ot to mention the possibility of turning 6 "full Moon Disks"...that will test your. pardon the expression, metal!

While there were several suggestion to use pick up bed stuff (dura-liner or equivilent) that will add way too much parasitic drag...for the aviators amongst us. Whatever is up there is simply going to be repainted or polished, whichever takes the fewer man hours to complete...and no, I am certainly not going to do this one myself, that's what I pay Hose A for.

John

John,

I am looking forward to the design upgrades you intend to add. Heaven knows this group can use all the class it can muster and you apparently will have us all outclassed.

Give some thought to a rear display window with the doggie and the bobbing head, said window outlined with what we used to call dingleberries.

sawdust_128 Guest

"....putting this on my "carry over" list until the summer heat passes, it will allow me time for the design of a new plastic shield, ladder, bicycle and lawn chair carrier, and my favorite, a holder for one of those blue portable tanks to haul poop away I am also considering curb feelers, porta-walls, replacing the muffler with a glass pack, and a bright orange bug reflector on the front. ot to mention the possibility of turning 6 "full Moon Disks"..."

John: You are my hero!!! I think you just became the POG Czar of Smack Down.

P.S. I know you really got into it and all. but you forgot to mention adding the other soapdish holder. Maybe you're already up to speed on that.