Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Anyone know what's on the lid?

Good one Harry. If you keep that up you may get your own fan. Personalized.

Electrolysis? I found a large number, well over 100, of small dime to quarter sized areas of impending clear coat failure on what I can now confirm to be 030 aluminum skin found on the roof. These crop circles appear to be the cause of the clear to lift and it is noteworthy that they appear all in the world like an old smallpox vaccination scar. Large dot in the middle followed by a number of smaller dots surrounding.

I am familiar with the dis-similar metal thing and also with all of the electricity running around in these coaches.......... To remove all signs of the scars I had to cut to the base metal, it was not just a surface imperfection but rather one appeared to start from underneath. It is also interesting to note that my clearcoat failures were all in the field, nothing close to any of the holes in the roof. I sprayed zinc chromate (hard to find anymore) over all areas that became exposed, followed by primer.

I will post a couple of pix tomorrow, just curious if anyone else has noted these, even if the clear is intact...... I suppose that a sacrificial zinc, screwed somewhere to the roof would be the test.

Thanks for keeping the info coming John. your trailblazing reports are much appreciated. Am not looking forward to doing the job on a roof air coach where drain lines and seals make it much more onerous than with cruisairs.