Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: fuel mileage

Default Pro Driver Manual

Jon,

If Jim can update the ZIP file limit here, I can post a Pro Driver manual in PDF format.

Wait, I'll just email to Jim, and ask that he post it.

Here is the link to the Pro Driver Manual. Thanks Ray!

Ray
    Last edited by Jim Skiff; 06-15-2009 at 06:22 PM.

For what its worth our 94 Liberty rarely got better than the high 5s based on old fashion miles/gallons which would include webasto and genset use. Our 03 Marathon gets 6.7 day in and out if you believe the computer. This thread has caused me to question how its calculated. We are currently 900 miles into a 2600 mile trip so I may try it the algebraic way for sport. Like Sammy Hagar says, I can't drive 55. We usually run about 68-70.
    Towson Engsberg
    2006 Legendary XLii DS

Although I haven't seen anywhere in the Pro Driver manual where it indicates that idle gallons are calculated into the overall MPG, I would venture a guess that it is. Reasoning is based upon the fact that the detailed trip data screens actually give a breakdown of gallons used, and MPG in each gear, including an idle gallons and MPG.

So, I would guess at this point, that MPG listed in the trip view includes the gallons used at idle. I would think, however, as Peter indicated that although it may be included, the number of gallons typically used in idling is not going to be a significant fraction of total gallons when combined into the total used on a trip.

I generally seem to average according to my Pro Driver around 6.7 MPG. Best I ever saw was about an 8.0 as I drove from Amarillo TX westbound. But, by the time I stopped for fuel in Kingman AZ, it was down to 7.2. That's the best I've ever seen. Driving around 63-63, towing.

Ray

FWIW the ProDriver manual is for a different vintage ProDriver than the one I have.

Mine does not accept a card.

I know my coach includes idle fuel burned to compute the MPG.

Petervs Guest

Jon, In order to tweak your coach for more accurate speed and distance, you must correct the factors on the DDEC. You can easily do that with a code reader.

You will have to be sure the rear axle ratio is correct, and the number of tire revolutions per mile.

No pro driver manual is needed, all it does is display the result.

Jon,

My Pro Driver may be the same as yours. If you want, I'll copy the manual and send it to you...

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Davis View Post
    Sandy,

It's hard to give you an absolutely correct answer. It's very common to drive down the road with generator running, to get additional air conditioning power.

However some coaches, like my Marathon, allow you to run two of the A/C's directly from the inverter while driving. That is one A/C per inverter circuit. If I want to have more, then I would need to run the generator while driving.

I do not know if your Royale is equipped in a similar fashion. If not, you would indeed run your generator while driving. It is certainly fine to do so.

Ray
    Thank you, Ray! I understand what you stated. The generator is running for A/C. I do understand the inverters, also. Since our coach is ONLY a 40ft. and not as big as others(HA!) we stay cool enough,with our bathroom door closed,just with the dash air(most of the time). I guess I wasn't thinking that most people want to cool down the whole bus while traveling. I am always sitting up front with Ed(or driving) while underway and not using the rest of the coach. Again, thank you for the info.
    Sandy
    CaptMogul & Sandy
    2002 Royale XLII D/S
    2013 Toyota Tacoma
    PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS & THEIR FAMILIES

FWIW the ProDriver manual is for a different vintage ProDriver than the one I have.

Mine does not accept a card.

The data card is not critical to this manual. If you have a card, then that section applies. If not, I believe the rest is still pretty much the same. I don't have a card, but have used this manual numerous times.

Ray

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Davis View Post
    Although I haven't seen anywhere in the Pro Driver manual where it indicates that idle gallons are calculated into the overall MPG, I would venture a guess that it is. Reasoning is based upon the fact that the detailed trip data screens actually give a breakdown of gallons used, and MPG in each gear, including an idle gallons and MPG.

So, I would guess at this point, that MPG listed in the trip view includes the gallons used at idle. I would think, however, as Peter indicated that although it may be included, the number of gallons typically used in idling is not going to be a significant fraction of total gallons when combined into the total used on a trip.

I generally seem to average according to my Pro Driver around 6.7 MPG. Best I ever saw was about an 8.0 as I drove from Amarillo TX westbound. But, by the time I stopped for fuel in Kingman AZ, it was down to 7.2. That's the best I've ever seen. Driving around 63-63, towing.

Ray
    Oh by the way was that the speed we ran to Lake Havasu???