Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bicycles

sawdust_128 Guest

Default Bicycles

I am looking at carrying a bicycle along on trips. Any advise regarding any aspect of this would be helpful and appreciated.

Petervs Guest

We carry two full size foldable mountain bikes. They come in a carry bag, and fit nicely vertically in a storage bay. neat, convenient sensible. They ride like a regular bike.

Check out the Montague bike , as one example.

An unwritten LAW of Prevost ownership requires no crap hanging on the back of the coach, bicycles ladders, lawn chairs, etc. Leave that to the Bounder/Winnebago crowd.

This site has a good selection at reasonable prices. Even has some folding bikes with tandem seats. http://www.shopdirect24-7.com/foldin...FQadnAodo3mRHg
    Last edited by dale farley; 06-13-2009 at 03:24 PM.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Since you asked............. We have a Montague folding mountain bike for sale. It has served us well however we've opted non-folding bikes and are willing to accept the space penalty. Described on the mfr. website: http://www.montagueco.com/bikes/mx-folding-bike.html. $350 + shipping. Send PM or email if interested.
    Last edited by BrianE; 10-15-2009 at 09:52 AM.

We carry two full size bikes, non-foldable.

I got bikes with the quick removeable wheels and made a crude rack for the wheels out of 2X4's. They fit nicely in the driver side first bay and I can have them out and set up to ride in less than five minutes. There is still room between the bikes and wheels to have a large storage bin.

For a rather large fee I will show you my set up in OKC.

We started with the Dahon foldable bikes with 20 inch wheels and they were more difficult to ride and were more suited for just the campground. Now we have full size bikes that are OK to ride anywhere.

We carry 2 mountain bikes in bay three, road side. They fit nicely with tires and seats intact on the bikes.
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

Well I didn't know about the rule for NO BIKES on back, so when traveling, we carry 2 full size bikes.

HOWEVER, I do not carry them on the back of the bus, but on the back of my CUSTOM H3 Hummer, and I hope that is alright with everybody?

Gary S.

Hey Jed and Granny, you carry anything you all want on the back of yer truck.

lewpopp Guest

Gary.....CUSTOM......Ain't you a beaut. Custom this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Unwritten Laws

Quote Originally Posted by Petervs View Post
    We carry two full size foldable mountain bikes. They come in a carry bag, and fit nicely vertically in a storage bay. neat, convenient sensible. They ride like a regular bike.

Check out the Montague bike , as one example.

An unwritten LAW of Prevost ownership requires no crap hanging on the back of the coach, bicycles ladders, lawn chairs, etc. Leave that to the Bounder/Winnebago crowd.
    Hey Peter. What about a Smart Car?
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide