Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Bicycles

sawdust_128 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JIM CHALOUPKA View Post
    Ed, with all your mechanical ability, I think you could/would make bike racks incorporating heavy duty drawer slides.
    The bikes to stand upright in a bay, clean, secure and ready to go at a moments notice.

JIM

Yes. But it anchors them to the bus and I still need to figure a way to transport the bikes when we use the truck and go exploring.

I figured:
    - in or on the truck was the real deal,
    - like Jeff, if they weren't convenient I was wasting time, they would see zero use,
    - When we progress to full time, we will need the bay storage and the truck bed storage for other stuff.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Sorry Ed but as of a few days ago you have no stuff any longer.

It is all crap now Please refer to it correctly.

sawdust_128 Guest

Joe: until you get confirmation from the Czars of hanging, hitching and mounting crap, as the Czar of stimulus, you don't have crap to say about it. And, even if you did, it wouldn't be worth a crap.

sawdust_128 Guest

Jeff:

A user on another forum suggested ADCO bike covers for keeping them clean, keping dirt and water out of the bearings, and a little less obvious to the casual viewer. I guess based on the nature of this thread, it would help in preventing them from turning to crap.

http://adcoprod.com/

Talking You'r Thinking About The Wrong End For Crap

All crap is not related to the back end, of the bus, that is.

The other way to go, is via the front.

Read the link and view the video. If you go this route you will be able to see the bikes and keep an eye on them with every driving moment and possibly be able to shield them with "a Clear Plastic Shield"

http://bicycling.511.org/transit.htm

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Every bus in the city has one of those on it.

sawdust_128 Guest

Default UPDATE - Hanging crap on the back - The Winner Is --

Here it is

It was easy to assemble, well made, well finished and to less than 5 minutes to install and adjust.

Picture 1 is the new hitch/rack loaded with a bike on the back of the truck

IMG_0274-400.jpg

Picture 2 s the rack swung to a 90 degree position

IMG_0281-400.jpg

Picture 3 is the truck opened up

IMG_0284-400.jpg

Picture 4 is the latch handle and you can see the coated steel bar behind my hand which is a heavy threaded locking bolt to hold it together so that the latch can't become disengaged while traveling

IMG_0279-400.jpg

Picture 5 is the swing arm locking pin. This can be engaged in either of the two holes to prevent motion from the closed or 90 degree open position.

IMG_0276-400.jpg

This works just like I wanted it to. That's no crap.