Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interior upgrade

We had tile in the first XL II along with carpet and I think I have a box of the tile in the hanger if you want to look over the style and texture. The current coach has granite entry and WC tile, but hand scraped wood in the rest of the coach. Also, the XL we had was mostly carpet with tile in the galley. Of the three, the wood wins hands down. Easier to clean, less maintenance and it looks "warmer"

We changed the tile ourselves in the first coach. Not a hard job, but the guy who laid the new carpet was sweating like a fat chick when that chore was over. Lots of cutting for such a small space. On the tile, we got several samples from a place over on Louetta, put them in place to see how it matched up and went to work.

Now the wallpaper - never again. My marriage has survived two wallpaper jobs and there won't be a third.

Jerry
    We have decided to remove most of the carpet as well as the existing tile, and put new tile in the coach. Nita found some granite she liked, but I was concerned that granite might not wear well. Any suggestions about tile ve granite?

Hi Nolan. You should first check your weight on your front end before installing granite. Then weigh the granite to see if your going to exceed front end weight.
    Granite is a good product for floors but heavy.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
    Jerry
    We have decided to remove most of the carpet as well as the existing tile, and put new tile in the coach. Nita found some granite she liked, but I was concerned that granite might not wear well. Any suggestions about tile ve granite?
    Nolan,

Granite is the 3rd to hardest stone. I have it in my coach and I can tell you first hand, it wears very well. Gary is right, it is very heavy. Marble is softer and I have found that it scratches easily. I had marble floors in my previous coach. The granite wins hands down!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Nolan, we have black granite in the kitchen and bath area of our bus and just love it for wear, easy maintenance and durability.

We are still talking about replacing the sculptured carpet in the salon and bedroom with a dark wood but haven't gotten around to it yet.

There are a number of POG sponsors you should talk too about what you want to do with your flooring and get their ideas and estimates to undertake this project.

Good luck, can't wait to see you, Nita and your new bus in Jeffereson.

Gary S.

We really like the granite, but there is some concern about the weight. We are intending to have granite from the front of the coach to the bedroom door. We are looking at the 12" granite squares, and I think they are 3/8" thick. Looking forward to Jefferson. Hope everyone is well. Nolan

Before you do anything you really should weigh all axles on your coach and compare those weights to the axle weight limits on the data plate to the left of your dirver's seat.

Assuming you are not in excess of the axle weight limits try to calculate how much weight you will be adding to see if you are able to stay within limits. Some coaches when loaded with full fuel, full water and the owner's personal belongings are over the specified limits. Adding even more weight makes a bad situation worse than bad.

Thanks. I will do that next week.

Here is a company who makes a light weight granite for Motorhomes, Yachts, & houseboats;
    http://www.luxuryyp.com/granite_tile.html
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Jim,

We just finished a couple of upgrades on our coach. We removed the carpet and had hardwood laminate flooring installed, one sofa recovered - the other removed and replaced with a recliner, new carpet in the bedroom, new side panel trim and new curtains that my wife had made. We had this done by local craftsmen and the work was excellent. A flooring company installed the laminate and carpet and we had an upholsterer do the sofa. On my coach, the sofa base is built around the blower unit for the webasto heat exchanger, and a ton of wiring. We chose to recover the sofa rather than purchase a new one. We would have been required to move the wiring and blower unit to fit a new sofa base in the space. We have been really pleased with the results.
    Richard and Audrey Barnes
    and Jessie Jane The Wonder Dog!
    1998 Liberty
    2008 Saturn VUE

My Blood Runs Deep Orange