Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: pyrometer gauge

The problem with longer runs on the trip computer is the gen and webasto throw the numbers off. I clear the trip at each fueling and also compare the pro driver miles to the odometer. In the last few weeks, I have put 90 hrs on the gen and some webasto time, as well as traveling through WV and PA, so I know that is effecting my log mpg and the pro driver on some legs.

I agree the terrain, winds and star alignment effect the mpg, but for the most part, I can get pretty close in estimating how far I can go before worrying about fueling.

I also wanted potential 8V buyers/owners to know that a well running 8V can produce decent fuel numbers as long as speed is controlled. Would my numbers be less if towing a big trailer or Hummer, absolutely.

Sid - Sounds about right based on my previous 60's and I'm sure you were in the hills.

The ProDriver reflects accurate MPG for the coach and is unaffected by the use of the generator or Webasto. Calculating average MPG based on the amount of fuel added to the tanks IS affected by the use of the Webasto and generator.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    The ProDriver reflects accurate MPG for the coach and is unaffected by the use of the generator or Webasto. Calculating average MPG based on the amount of fuel added to the tanks IS affected by the use of the Webasto and generator.
    Thanks, Jon. If I had thought about it, I would, or should, have realized that (about the ProDriver).