Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Overnighting on Cross Country

Good, glad all you anti rv park cheap skates stay where it's free, that makes my reservations easier to be had. I love to fill out the paperwork, follow the golf cart to my site and leave my bag of trash to be picked up in the morning.

Gotta go, the pool closes in about an hour and I don't want to miss the movie! Oh, I forgot to mention the free garbage bag at check-in and map of the campground in case I get lost. Leaving in the morning, but hate to miss the campground dog show tomorrow.

Maybe I'll try a rest area or truckstop tomorrow night, what the hell, stainless is pretty easy to repair and we all know that crap about truckers hating RV's can't be all true!

There's no benefit for Parks to have a '5 items or less' check-out station. How would that benefit them. Most Parks are designed for three types of Travelers; the transient overnighter, the vacationer, and the long term or seasonal guy. They have to have amenities for those who make up the base of their income. It was my experience the overnighter made up less than 20 percent of the annual income for the park. And they were seasonal , asked for discounts, and added to the hours the office had to remain open.
    So, most Parks are designed for the longer term travelers. They help keep these parks open.

I also have had some very memorable moments at RV Parks where I have stayed. You meet some really nice people and hear some great stories.
    Last edited by garyde; 06-09-2009 at 10:42 PM.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Default Oceanlakes Campground

We are presently hold up in Myrtle Beach SC with the Chevy Chase family vacation thing going on. This place is huge with a population of about a million campers (not) it is big tho. Oceanlakes was selected as Campground/RV park of the year by some survey/ magazine cause it has it all except room.

The one thing that impressed me most when I arrived there were five Lanes (yea 5 lanes) of traffic coming into this place and my wife had arranged for express check in (not a new term) and we shot over to the left of everyone and drove directly to our spot at less than 10 mph. Sweet.

So remember when camping if you don't want to fill out the paper work - ask for Express Check in. Requires payment in advance, but who doesn't anymore? and knowing where you are assigned.

Bad storm here last night, the old bus was "a rocking" - before anyone gets excited - it was the wind.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

King,

How could you possibly drive all the way to Myrtle without OTR?

Default Cool Dude

No problemo, I used one of Dennys funeral home fans to keep cool.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost