Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Bus!

Bob W Guest

Congrats Gordon. I am so envious. Wish I could pull the trigger.
    Bob W

Spoke with Gordon a couple of hours ago. At that time Steve was driving the coach to Ehrenberg AZ for out of state delivery. That bus is so quiet I couldn't hear any road noise when I spoke with Gordon on his cellphone.

By now, I expect that Gordon is PIC and is on his way towards Las Cruces or El Paso (his intended destination this evening). He sounds as happy as he could be, and he certainly got an A-OK bus.

Best of luck Gordon. Check in when you slow down!

Ray

Is it possible he will still have that smile on his face when he gets to OKC?

Exclamation

Anybody with a bus can't help but smile!

JIM

Had a great trip with a couple of exceptions - first being a multiple fatality east of Phoenix on I-10 that had eastbound closed for several hours. Finally got to an exit and got a work around from listening in on the CB chatter. Lost 3.5 hrs, but hey, had my house with me so I pulled over and had a bite to eat during the standstill.

Didn't make my goal of Las Cruces as a result, but found a great almost new Flying J in Lordsburg NM around 11 PM. Had nice RV parking out front under lights and the whole place was spotless for a truckstop which I thought impossible. Good night sleep.

On the road early and made good time on I-10. Jon, you are correct - smiling the whole way! Even got through my first refueling without the dreaded diesel douche.

Exception number 2 - got within 50 miles of Austin (home) and started noticing dark clouds in the distance. Jennifer called to say storms moving across the area with tornado warnings, and hail.

Found a picnic area and pulled over. Flipped on the tv and saw the bad weather spreading in my direction. Did a 180 and backtracked about 35 miles to Fredericksburg and setup shop in Walmart. Too late and too tired to run those roads home later after the weather passes.

Did I say how much I like the bus!!!! Amazing how well it tracks on the interstate even in a strong crosswind. And that OTR air is awesome. West of Van Horn today it was 105 and I had the A/C blower on the low speed peg and it was downright chilly.

Will campout here tonight and head for home early. Jennifer and I are loading up all our gear and heading over to Buckhorn at Kerrville for a long weekend. Should be great.

Ray, Steve says this bus is one of the quietest if not the most quiet XL he has driven. I don't have a basis for comparison, but with the cruise on 70 and a crosswind there sure wasn't much noise, so I am a happy camper.

Well done, Gordon, glad your home. You guys have a fun weekend.

"West of Van Horn today it was 105 and I had the A/C blower on the low speed peg and it was downright chilly.".........

Yeah...... love that OTR

Glad you're enjoying your bus!

Quote Originally Posted by GDeen View Post
    Ray, Steve says this bus is one of the quietest if not the most quiet XL he has driven. I don't have a basis for comparison, but with the cruise on 70 and a crosswind there sure wasn't much noise, so I am a happy camper.
    Gordon - I'm tickled to death that your new bus is working out so well! Thanks for keeping us in the loop on your experiences thus far - please keep it up!