Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Bus!

Talking New Bus!

We have purchased a 2000 Marathon XLV from Steve Bennett at California Coach. We had originally looked at the bus in March during a trip to see our son at Cal Poly and liked it then. Following a trip to see a number of buses in Florida, we realized that with a few changes, the “Red Bus” was the one for us.

We made some modifications which include some new furniture and upholstery in the interior, and paint over of a mural on the rear cap. We are very pleased with the way things turned out. (For some reason, I cannot get the pics that Steve sent of the new interior to upload-weird because no problem with uploading anything else.)

Several of you have been very helpful in our search and I am very grateful for your advice and guidance. I feel like I have learned a great deal in making an informed decision on the best bus for our needs.

Steve Bennett has just been phenomenal. I can’t recall ever dealing with someone as hard working, consciences and customer oriented as Steve. Seriously. He has gone above and beyond what anyone could expect in delivering us a coach that we will be happy with.

We had the pleasure of having dinner with Ray and Kathy Davis and look forward to the opportunity to meet many of the rest of the POG group. In the meantime, we are going to do some bus traveling!

Tuesday I am flying out to LA to drive it back to Texas and begin the fun.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs up

Congratulations, Gordon! She's a beauty!

Gordon, You made a great choice. Great looking coach and OTR. Steve is a first class guy and I wouldn't expect anything but the service he provided. Looks like a home run.

Welcome to the bus side of life. You are in for the ride of your life. Congrats.

Thumbs up

Way to go Gordon, looks like a real nice bus. Hope it meets all your expectations.

Enjoy, JIM

Gordon, you know that I love that bus even if the mural got washed off the rear. I was beginning to think you were going to keep the deal a secret until OKC. You guys have a fun, safe trip home and stay in touch along the way.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

You are not going to get much else done for quite a while, clear your schedule for the next month or so.

Do you have room for it at home?

What is it with the maroon Marathons and you oil guys

OTR A/C, rivits, no slides and Steve; looks like POG influences another purchace for the better.

Congrats and well done both you and Steve

Congratulations Gordon, I love those colors. Hope you enjoy.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Congrats Gordon, looks like a winner!

lonesome george Guest

Gordon,
    Your bus looks very nice. You should pat yourself on the back for taking the time and doing the leg work to find the right coach. The real fun starts right about now.