Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chicago - McCormick Convention Center

tomklau Guest

Quote Originally Posted by aggies09 View Post
    Jen and I are looking for an RV parking area for about three days in July so dry camping is not really an option for us. Joe, can you or anyone else recommend a park that would have decent access to the train into the city? Help appreciated.
    We've stayed at the KOA in Marengo...Train about 15 mins away and an hour's train ride in. They have a FEW spaces to accomodate a 45 footer, it's tight though.

jasperjr Guest

Default Chicago parking

Tony,

What days will you be in Chicago? My wife and I will be traveling in and out, but if we are in, you could stay at our house (full hookup) easy access to the Fox River Grove train station (1 hr train ride)

Just an option for you.

I believe that we are planning on being in the area for 3/4 nights beginning July 18th. Obviously, it would be more convenient to be closer in, but as I have found out through investigation and this post, that is not an option in Chicago. I sincerely appreciate your offer. Let me know if these dates would be something that may work for you and I can open that possibility up as an option as I plan.

Thanks.
    Tony and Jenny Conder
    Abilene, Texas
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    2008 Marathon D/S XLII
    2017 RAM 1500 4x4

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

We currently have some visitors and in attempt to make their stay more enjoyable I called around to see what the charge would be to have their holding tank pumped out so the do not have to drag over to the local flying-J.

100 gal 195 bucks. Is that a bunch of crap or what.

So, Joe, you're sayin' it's $1.95/gallon ???

That's some EXPENSIVE crap!!

Quote Originally Posted by phorner View Post
    So, Joe, you're sayin' it's $1.95/gallon ???

That's some EXPENSIVE crap!!
    And people run my industry down for selling crap that has been buried and subject to a perfect mix of heat and pressure for a few million years for a about the same price.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Is it time to revive the thread we discussed that antiquated system Wenabago used to use that injected the holding tank through a spray tip into the exhaust and burned it.

If there were something out there like that now that could be installed for reasonable cost I would be on it like flies on crap. (I think it is now safe to define Sawdust as a bad influence)

Better yet it would be hooked up to the gen exhaust too.

sawdust_128 Guest

Joe: that's a crappy thing to do!!

So instead of covering the countryside with a liquid waste, Winnebago opted instead to convert it to dust and then apply it to the countryside.

If you could recover it would it be known as instant crap? Just add water and mix?

Why not just pump it up onto a flat surface on the roof, like an oversized baking tin, and let solar energy evaporate the moisture. Then we can bag the remains and sell it as fertilizer.

This group is definitely going to Hell.

I think you guys are on to something here..... after all, that waste is more than 99% water.

So, if all ya got do is somehow vaporize that water..... the remaining crap should be easy to deal with.