Thread: After Oklahoma City???

sawdust_128 Guest

Default After Oklahoma City???

I am interested in going over to the last part of the International Balloon Festival after the POG rally. Anyone else interested in this?

Also, does anyone know anything (especially when) about the harvests (cherries, apricots) in Utah?
    Last edited by sawdust_128; 06-04-2009 at 08:27 PM.

sawdust_128 Guest

Default Bumped!!

Any takers?

Sorry, we're heading north from OKC, and going to make a swing through the northwest on the way home.

The balloon festival is a "must see" event. Make reservations early as RV parks tend to fill up during the festival.

Ray

If the timing works out for you that has to be a must-see item on your agenda.

Because the balloons are best flown in still air plan on seeing them take off around dawn. Get there well before Dawn and you will be in the middle of the launching process. Bring lots of bits and bytes (or film if you are so inclined) because the photo ops are endless.

Woodchips,

I understand the balloon festival, that is well worth seeing however, what's up with watching guys pick apricots? Dunno about the cherries, thought that was something that came down in the spring. Don't know the date/time frame but if you are into festivals, try the Garlic Festival in Gilroy, CA....mmmmhhhh, nothing like a bowl of Garlic Ice Cream.

John

sawdust_128 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by flyu2there View Post
    Woodchips,

I understand the balloon festival, that is well worth seeing however, what's up with watching guys pick apricots? Dunno about the cherries, thought that was something that came down in the spring. Don't know the date/time frame but if you are into festivals, try the Garlic Festival in Gilroy, CA....mmmmhhhh, nothing like a bowl of Garlic Ice Cream.

John

Thanks for the response. I am pretty sure that the season on those harvests is spring/early summer. We did a little more research after the otiginal post. I didn't say anything about watching guys pick them. It was soley in line with all my previous POG experiences......go somewhere and eat the heck out of something.

Garlic Festival?! Now that sounds like a good time.

ANyway, thanks all for the input. This remains an open invite if anyone decides differently down the road.

The Garlic Festival is in late July and if you have not been, it is well worth the trip. Garlic Ice Cream sort of pushes the envelope (buuurrrppp) but some of the other things that can be sampled...simply marvelous!!

I am thinking of loading my bus up with chewing gum, mouthwash and anti-acids, Gas-X and setting up a concession stand in the parking lot...I'll make a ton over the weekend!!

John