Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: on board air pressure booster

Uh, Dale.........When I said blow up air bags, I was thinking some that are installed. Like on someone's bus.

Since I learned (for example) that our shock absorbers limit upward travel on the front suspension, will an air bag explode before it tears the attachment ring off of a shock absorber?

Air bags carry a max pressure limit of 100 PSI (molded into the body of the air bag). Is that really true? At what pressure will they explode.

If a doubler really doubles pressure, what happens when we hook a pair of them in series? Will that pressure explode tires? Or will the wheels fail first, both of which have a stated pressue limit of 130 PSI.

At what pressure will our bus air tanks explode? Can we run brake system pressure into a doubler and then into the aux system and see if pocket doors and floor slides will really slam shut?

The OKC rally can really be fun if a few of you will volunteer to let me use your coaches for experimental purposes. I usually calm down after I take my meds, but I really like destructive testing.

lonesome george Guest

Default Ohh Destructive!

Jon,
    I'm thinkin' if you get on the proper medications first, some of this destructive testing can start on your bus.
    Just a thought.
    lonesome

I think the sun may have done damage to your gourd today while you were weeding! Please wear your hat in the future, Jon Boy...

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Default Weeds

Maybe it was not the sun getting to Jon's gourd, maybe it was the weed!

Jeff Bayley Guest

Related enough to avoid thread creep I think, I've heard of newer conversions that have the air bags on the generator tied into the air system. Mine keep falling no matter how much changing of the fittings or teflon tape I use. Two air bags on each side are tied into together creating 4 bags on two valves. I was thinking of making something to keep these aired up one side now is not leaking at all and the other side will stay up for about a week.

Maybe the easier and more sensible answer is to use soapy water and find the leak I guess now that I've worked my way though it in writing. Can we have a generator air bag day at POG and are the fittings generic to most of our buses ? Speaking of the compressors, I got tired of running the 12 volt cord (which I lengthened) up through the drivers side window to put air each time so I bought one of these cordless compressor/combo units.

http://www.rvtoyoutlet.com/p-RVT1073.html

The compressor is really slow but it works for the air bags. Specs for 260 PSI but I doubt it would work. Haven't tried. It's a "get what you pay for" product. I also liked that we could run our lap tops off it to work in case there was some place else we wanted to sit and work besides our pad/spot.

In searching for it again, I found this one but my guess is it's junk also.

http://www.rvtoyoutlet.com/p-RV5135.html

I like the Hitachi gas one that Sawdust Ed has because you don't have to wrangle with a bunch of hose all the way around the bus. Found more than a half dozen of that model on Craigslist but none in my area. Several in California. If anyone wants the listings let me know.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Has your trlr arrived yet?

You folks are all sissies. I think of an excellent form of entertainment and you all think I've been out in the sun too long.

Red face

Sorry guys.....I should have known better than to bring up something that would get Jon wound up. BTW... What do you guys think about nitrogen in tires????

Quote Originally Posted by kenrobertson View Post
    Sorry guys.....I should have known better than to bring up something that would get Jon wound up. BTW... What do you guys think about nitrogen in tires????
    Ken, DON'T GO THERE ! There is a 32 page link somewhere here already about Nitrogen.

Gary S.

dalej Guest

Gary, don't know for sure..... but I think Ken was just throwing some bait in the water.