Thread: Nice Folding Lounge Chairs...

Thumbs up Nice Folding Lounge Chairs...

On sale at Cabela's. Drove down yesterday and picked up 4 for around the pool. Exceptionally well made for $49 and very comfortable. Would be very nice to have under the awning with your favorite libation in the cup holder.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...questid=112458

I have some experience with these chairs. Purchased 2 of these last summer and they are pretty comfortable. Couple of issues though, heavy steel construction, a bit too heavy, bulky to handle. The biggest issue for me is the problem that if left out in the rain will start to drip out a metal ooze, goopy mess drips all over the place. Can't beat the price, it would be nice if they were made of aluminum. I think the location of manufacturer is also a possible reason for the OOZING issue, I bet if you opened up the inside you will see that there is no coating on the inside metal surfaces that when wet start to rust. $50 OK, if done right $150, so so.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by 0533 View Post
    I have some experience with these chairs. Purchased 2 of these last summer and they are pretty comfortable. Couple of issues though, heavy steel construction, a bit too heavy, bulky to handle. The biggest issue for me is the problem that if left out in the rain will start to drip out a metal ooze, goopy mess drips all over the place. Can't beat the price, it would be nice if they were made of aluminum. I think the location of manufacturer is also a possible reason for the OOZING issue, I bet if you opened up the inside you will see that there is no coating on the inside metal surfaces that when wet start to rust. $50 OK, if done right $150, so so.
    George Hamilton would be envious of the sun reflector you have!

I bought a nylon "carrying case" for two of them which makes them easier to handle for portable use. The metal ooze sounds pretty nasty - will try to keep them out of the weather.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by GDeen View Post
    On sale at Cabela's. Drove down yesterday and picked up 4 for around the pool. Exceptionally well made for $49 and very comfortable. Would be very nice to have under the awning with your favorite libation in the cup holder.
    This price was too good to pass up! I ordered a couple this morning. Thanks for the tip, Gordon! (I ordered the wide size to fit my wide body!)

One other comment Bruce - Cabela's rep told me they had some problems with earlier versions and have made some mods. If you bought them from Cabela's you ought to send them back for a new set. I scanned through dozens of reviews and didn't read of anyone complaining of "ooze" so I am sure they would replace them. Cabela's is great about that.

Hope you enjoy them Michael. After working in the back yard all afternoon, I passed out in one of them!

Jeff Bayley Guest

Anybody know where to order the chairs that have a sunshade built into them overhead. It might come on an off the chair. Stefanny is anti sun.

Jeff,

Some of the grocery stores in Florida sell them during the summer. I was going to order a couple from a sporting goods store for about $45 each. I got a couple during the Fall at our local Winn Dixie on sale for $25.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Talking Chairs

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bayley View Post
    Anybody know where to order the chairs that have a sunshade built into them overhead. It might come on an off the chair. Stefanny is anti sun.
    Here is a Company fom a FMCA Convention

Attachment 4879
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Jeff,

Sears and KMart have the Kelsyus canopy chairs (item # 10423) on sale today for $34.99.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Jeff,

Sears and KMart have the Kelsyus canopy chairs (item # 10423) on sale today for $34.99.
    The price today on sears.com is $29.99. http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...?keyword=10423