Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberty Generator Fan Blower, Intermittent

Question is, will he try to enter that new baffle in the bling contest and if so, will Jon want partial credit?
    All I can say is that if a new baffle can win the Bling Prize, it'll be a sad collection of busses at POG II.

BlinglessMango

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

I tend to agree with Jerry. Too low for the proximity. Only a matter of time till ya hook it again. Ours was also crunched when we got it. I replaced it by cutting a stay put mud flap to size, bending it into a semicircle and attaching it with a couple of pieces of angle iron. A second piece of flap was cut in a semi circle to close off the front. Works like a charm and Its flexible, comes right back to shape when you catch it on anything.

Joe,

According to Liberty other customers have tried the flex rubber approach with no luck and went back to the metal baffle. Keep in mind they wanted to sell me a $350 baffle.

Mike

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Im curious what exactly was the flaw?

Joe,
    Not moving enough air away from the Genset Radiator Intake and the bay mounted cruise air intake for the rear unit.

MM

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Although I would like to see my gen. run a little cooler, it runs 185 and I think thats normal. My closest Cruse air isint close at all. I love it when things happen like that!

lewpopp Guest

As I was running the road today my coolant temp was about 180-185. My oil temp was 210-215. Another oil guage ( which I think is the differential ) read over 225. I was told to ignore the differential guage because they have a contant tendency to send the wrong info. I wish I had read the temp there when my rear end siezed last January.

What should the oil temp run?

Did I mention that I rebuilt the microphor air system and it works like a charm and no where as noisey.

lewpopp Guest

Another thing I wanted to mention. This has been this was since day one. When I turn slowly to approach a turn the coach gives me a feeling of being top heavy and it has the leans.. I had larger air bags installed on the front so thats not it.

Jon, maybe I should put another tool box full of heavy tools in the underbay, huh?

All kidding aside, would front shocks do that? Mine aren't too old.

Otherwise, the coach rode smoothly today and took us further than we had intended because of the pleasure. Wish I had the energy and $$ to travel to SF but I am going to Florida to stay away from frosty mornings and I am sure you are in for some at SF.. With the elevation, you may have snow. Takie a picture fo the snowball fight. Practice your throws, don't throw like girls.

Exclamation Lew - Here's Your Sign

Fast Roger Says "Be There" See it's an omen...

churchsign[2].jpg

Lew,

With an 8V92 I think your coolant temperatures are where they need to be. The oil temperature you cite is likley the transmission temperature and since you have the five speed Allison I am guessing there is something wrong. I don't think you have a retarder, and have a Jake brake so your transmission temperature should match your engine temperature.

I would first check the fluid level and condition. It should be a pinkish red and not have a burnt smell. It should be at the correct level. If it is overfilled, by as little as a quart or two the potential for foaming and higher temperatures exists. Whatever it is, it needs immediate attention because the enemy of your transmission is heat.

As far as the differential temperature maybe someone else can jump in and define what the normal range is. I can't help you there.