Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberty Generator Fan Blower, Intermittent

Jon,

Sounds like a good deal.

Here's another example of the importance of the baffle. Just returned from my sojourn w/ Ken & Ellen in Cape Hatteras. About 92+ degrees in DC. Started up the genset when I landed at home only to have the rear Cruise Air (which intake is by the missing baffle) cut off with the code HI PS in the control panel. The baffle provides a very strong service in removing hot gen air.

Mike

Default Your turn will come.

Liberty owners. Eventually you'll be needing one of these generator fan baffles.

Jon's company (Jamestown now effeciently run by his daughter Wendi) custom made this one for me at a 1/3 of the price wanted by Liberty. Great job and powder coated for max bling effect. Constructed to Jon's anal tolerances and fit tighter than OJ's glove.

baffle_2550.jpg

baffleIMG_2551.jpg

baffle_2555.jpg
    Last edited by MangoMike; 09-23-2006 at 09:43 AM.

Default New Parts

Mango: Man - I am impressed with the new parts. Please Park your Liberty on dry ground and Leave the air bags pumped up and so I can slide under while in Santa Fe. Mine is showing a little experience, but I would probably be willing to trade even and I would offer to remove it myself sometime after midnight. Stuff goes on sale at my place at that time of day, self serve, no sales tax, no salesman, no paperwork, can't be the price either.

Jons daughter sure did a fine job! Maybe we could get them to expand into LEDs and TVs.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Fast Roger,

Always glad to share.

What hot car are you towing to SF?

Mangoman

Default Tow Mobile

Mango: Haven't got a hot car lined up to tow yet. Towed a Tahoe last time we went on a Family outing, but sold it, I have two on hand now so may wind up towing a Tahoe again since I have the tow brackets for it and they are nice driving SUVS. No more dollies for long trips for me. I like the four down towing- makes life simplier when you arrive at a limited space campground. -just less hassle.

Is it about time for a younger Mangonette to aquire a motorized vehicle?
    I have been saving a BMW for Jon- just waiting on the check to come in the mail-- But it might have gone to Newell, or Thompson, or Liberty or someplace like that - heck, some airplane guy might have gotten it!
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Don't wait for that check. I just spent my last few dollars on a new hangar for my baby Cessna. I'm broke and waiting for that free M3.

Wow, I'm impressed! A 10 ton hydraulic jack holding up the new gen part, when Jon's family makes something, THEY REALLY MAKE IT!

Hey Kevin & Lew, check it out, here's something we Marathon owners don't have to worry about!

Talking Beware

I would'nt be surprised if Mango got Jon's old cover all painted up and Jon had a polishes stainless or anodized aluminum cover made for himself.
    Jim

I wish I had thought of that before I took the time to beat my old one back into shape and put a cheap coat of black paint on it.

Before I made my blacksmith quality repairs mine looked like Roger's. Now it almost looks like Roger's.

Wish I could tell how far that thing hangs down under the Mothership. Looks like another Jimmy Buffet accident looking for a place to happen...

After re-reading this post, there is an item Mike mentioned that slipped by me. I was scheduled to install new SMX controls in the coach for the Cruisairs, but an unplanned trip put that on hold.

After more than a year of running the AC's on this coach without the benefit of a readout that will tell you if you have HI PSI or LOW VOLT or any of the other issues that will cause a Cruisair to take a siesta, if you have intermittant Cruisair problems, it is most likely not the compressor or low refrigerant or the more common things one considers when the cool air goes away. When I figured out that when I run all three Cruisair units, the electric heating element in the AquaHot, multiple lights, the aux air compressor, fridge, TV, SAT, inverter charger, etc, the rear Cruisair compressor shuts down every time. I didn't have an AC problem, I had a power consumption / load sharing problem. Mike didn't have an AC problem, he had a heat transfer problem that turned into a HI PSI problem that eventually shut the unit down.

Question is, will he try to enter that new baffle in the bling contest and if so, will Jon want partial credit?