Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Want To See A Naked Bus?

dreamchasers Guest

Whew, Joe I thought you would never ask! OK, Ted where are the before pictures?

Hector

The damage pictures are on my office computer but here is what happened. When we get home from a trip, I park the bus up close to the front door for easy unloading. It's a tight fit between a large oak tree and a stone column, but I have pulled in the same way at least a hundred times. I have no idea what distracted me, but when I was going through the narrow area I was to close to the stone column which is on the curb side of the coach. The first hit was the rear awing arm which was torn out of the stainless panel at the bottom and broke loose from the roller up top. The awning arm then rolled back along the side of the bus being held up by the column. The damage didn't look to bad at night, but the next morning I was in shock when I realized how bad it really was.
    I have driven different motorhomes over half a million miles in the last 25 years and this is the first time I have filed an insurance claim for something I did. We have lost a couple of awnings over the years but I never dinged a coach bad enough to file a claim. It's just a real sick feeling when it happens but I'm over it. It's a bus, it can be fixed and it ain't the end of the world.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Don't you feel better you got that off your chest.

If you only had another inch

I bet you won't do that again

Someone should come up with something like the back-up alarms that are currently available on some cars, modify them to work on the sides of our buses down low, have it manually operated with a switch, modern high tech curb feelers.

I saw where prevo now has factory tire monitoring systems for motor home shells.

Keep us up on the progress. I went 6 months without ours at home, suck it up, get ahold of yourself, we will help you thru it.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 05-29-2009 at 11:57 PM.

Default Naked and Ugly

I sure am glad someone invented paint.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Default Award Front Runner

Mel,

At least we now know who's the front runner for this years annual Wide Turn Award. aka Whiskey Dent Award.

dent_2713.jpg

I have to agree with Mike on the award. I had a few guys in mind, but right now Mel is well ahead of the pack as we head down the home stretch.

Having said that, the current owners of the award (who we will simply refer to as Crash and Bang) should take lessons from Mel. Here is a POG member we can all be proud of. He hurt his pride and joy, but unlike Crash and Bang he not only posted pictures, he told the story. Crash and Bang were secretive and actually thought they could hide their misdeeds. Mel needs to receive the award with honors. He is a true hero.

I hate to tell you but there are about 4 guys in the running for this deal. We may have to give multiple awards including the new Anal Dent Award - w/ Corvette Cluster.

I have to back up to the back of our property passing a large Oak, the Trunk being about 6-10 inches from the passenger side. Its always close. additionally, backing up off the street, my front end touches the ground. I
    raise the whole Coach up 6 inches front and back and then lift the tag which raises the front up 2 inches. I've scrapped several times.
    Its not easy keeping the Coach dent and scratch free.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Winchester View Post
    I hate to tell you but there are about 4 guys in the running for this deal. We may have to give multiple awards including the new Anal Dent Award - w/ Corvette Cluster.
    Ancient history there Crash (or is it Bang?)

If you need to go that far back we can just regive you two the same award.

Winning such a distinguished award would be the highlight of the year, no doubt. And, I will furnish my own trophy