Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stupid is as Stupid Does

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Default Stupid is as Stupid Does

Well, here we go again.

Since no one else seems to have ever made a mistake, i must be the only one who does.

Simple idea: Drive about an hour to share the Super Duper Bowl on the big tv.

NOT BEING CAREFUL ENOUGH, (will I ever hear the end of this one), I kinda didn't put the coffee pot completely in the sink before hitting the road. Made it a good 40 minutes or so and it bounced out of the sink, with a rather nice arc, landing on the floor, splashing most of the walls, floors, etc.

Good news is that I cleaned it up.

Bad news is that I told Helen what I did.

Now THAT was a mistake.

Jeff, That can't be any worse than me driving the bus around my building the other day before I noticed I forgot to unhook the electrical connecton. I am sure I turned off the annoying light and beeper that told me to "Unhook". It took me about an hour to repair the damage to the cord.
    Last edited by dale farley; 02-04-2007 at 05:32 PM.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Jeff Bayley Guest

I was getting on the Hwy once and found out that a combination of too much mass in the fridge door along with too fast an entry around the ramp is perfect combination for allowing the fridge door to swing open. Out came two full bloody mary mixers that were in glass. Crash onto the tile floor. I finished getting on the ramp then put the brakes to stop and clean the mess and the braking caused it all to slosh forward into the carpet. Got it up without a stain somehow. Learned to reduce mass in the door and buy plastic containers when ever possible. Figured out a way to clamp the fridge door closed on my prior bus but not this one yet.
    Last edited by Jeff Bayley; 02-04-2007 at 05:56 PM.

Petervs Guest

A Marathon comes with a little latch that is screwed to the top of each of the double doors and it locks them in place. You should look at one and you will easily be able to make one for $2.99.

I could take a picture if you like.

But, you still have to remember to latch it.......

Peter vS
    94 Marathon XLV

Jeff, I would mention the day at POGII when I was flushing my black tank and I was having a great conversation with Steve from California Coach and, well the rest is up to your imagination(or the top of the porcelin).
    Kevin

Lets see. where do I start? My Flubs usually involve driving. Like driving my Monaco off road and sinking down to the front axles, or Driving on a two lane road in Vancouver, Canada where only sports cars and motor cycles can manage and then attempting a U-turn in the road at Cliffs edge with my 42 foot County Coach. I haven't ripped out any hoses or cords yet but I'm still young! Gary
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Let me count the ways or maybe I can't. At least I can say I only made each mistake once. Well except for the fridge door falling off. Probably over grossed. If I only had pictures, it probably would be a best seller

John

Jeff,

I could not begin to count the mistakes I've made in motor homes, airplanes, cars and "life". When given the chance, I try to keep most of them as quiet as possible. Every once in a while I make one that I think is kinda funny and will share it with my wife and it usually ends up bad.

One thing I have learned well "take the entrance ramps and exit ramps at or below posted speed", as the rattle of pots and pans dumping out of the cupboards is scary as hell. Refrigerator door opening is even worse.

I think were going to put granite down the length of the bus, then I can just raise the back, lower the front and hose it all out the door when disaster strikes.

Ah, the adventure of it all.

lewpopp Guest

Mike, I did notice you had your coach shampooed the last time you were at ORA. Must have been right after one of those ramp corners out at rt 95 at PGA exit 121. That corner is a bitch and and have heard horror stories about being so close to landing and they take that corner faster than they should.

How much would the granite weigh, ha, ha?

Lew

Default Dinete Lamp

I like to keep things in working order, as much as I can, and well I like to try and fix small things.

Nothing real complicated, ya know, just little things like replacing 2 light bulbs in a 3 light fixture over my dinette. I really need the extra light to be able to see what I am eating...

Well I started on this repair over a month ago Changed the good light bulb to the other two sockets, but they didn't work, so took the lamp to a repair facility and he promptly replaced all the sockets with new, and tested it there by plugging into 120v source... Worked Great.

Put fixture up in the bus and no workie ! Crap Tested the wires coming in on my AC handy dandy tester, and no power. Checked the fuses, all good, checked the on/off switch, good too.

Called Panterra Coach to ask them what the H*** am I doing wrong and what do I check next?

They said did you put 12v bulbs into the lamp? 12v bulbs, it is a 120v fixture that was tested and worked perfectly in the shop, why would I put 12v bulbs in it....?

Cause that is the power coming to the light fixture... WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK Works great now !

Gary S.