It's no secret that I dinged the bus awhile back. Fortunately the company doing the repair found damage that I had missed and included it in the estimate to the insurer so we should get everything taken care of. The guy talked me into repainting the whole bus, so I'm going to kick in the difference for a complete new paint job. The original colors were Imron and we are going back with the same colors in a different design. The DuPont rep was there this morning matching the old Imron numbers with the new numbers and says we won't know the difference. Our insurance is with National Interstate through Explorer. Great to work with. When I heard how high the estimate was, I offered to take the coach to another facility but they said that was not necessary. The head adjuster had spoken with the shop and gone over each item and he was good with the dollars so the work started last week.
In the first picture, the guy on the ground is sanding a new SS panel in the area that will get paint. They had polished the whole panel before the install and it was a strange feeling watching a polished panel be sanded.

Here you can see different colors of the origional primer. There were two coats of primer over the whole bus. Grey primer first and then a yellow looking coat.

There were just a couple of tiny dings on the rear cap that they used an epoxy filler on.

The one missing panel is coming from Canada but should be here next week. Painting a bus is a huge job. I'm going over to Dallas once a week to keep an eye on the progress and push things along without being a pain. I just really miss not having my camper parked at home and ready to roll and we're still about three weeks away and thats if all the parts come in on time.