Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Want To See A Naked Bus?

Mel Torme,

Not to worry, we have your award.

A-1,

Ancient history? I didn't think that car was barely a year old and I know for a fact you dented it AFTER I dinged my coach, so I don't think the "Oh $hit" statute of limitations has run its course.

Crash (or is it Bang) don't look now but we have moved on. The deal with the car was brought up, its over, and the fact it happened before you got your award and was duly noted at that time makes it ancient history.

The fact that you attempted to hide your coach ding, and it only became public after the car got a jack stuck up through the fender is irrelevant. Both occurred prior to the award, both were noted (you and Bang having won top honors) makes it history. Or are you going to protest the Bling contest too?

What kind of damage to your coach are you trying to hide this year? Seems like you are trying to create a diversion.

dreamchasers Guest

Ted,

Any pictures of progess on your bus's paint job?

Hector

Quote Originally Posted by dreamchasers View Post
    Ted,

Any pictures of progess on your bus's paint job?

Hector
    Later this week, Hector. I missed going over last week so that makes it mandatory to run over in the next few days. I'll post a picture or two when we get home.

Here you go, Hector. I missed a couple of weeks of going over to check on the bus, but made a run this morning. Looking good so far. They sanded all the old paint off and have now applied two coats of primer and one coat of the color that will outline the new stripes. Repainting a bus is a huge job. Mich more involved that I ever imagined and I don't completely understand the steps involved. I can assure you that the guys that do this on a daily basis are very talented folks. This shop does mostly big truck repair and they have enjoyed something different. I dropped off two big tubs of Mother's polish and a couple of dozen towels and hired the son of one of the painters to polish the awning covers while they are off the coach. Still about two weeks out and I'm nervous as a whore in church. Crude way to put it and I apologize, but that's how I'm feeling.
    The blue stripes are masking tape and the front top will be the reverse of the lower front.

Not going to show us the mural on the rear cap eh??

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Looks good Ted I see both a little of the old and a little of the new.

You have both the current swoosh stripes and have retained the straight boarder between the paint and the polished.

That's funny, Gordon. You know darn well my feelings on murals. Do you know how hard it was for me to ask you if you were keeping the one on your new coach. It was absolutely none of my business but man, I just had to know.
    Thanks, Joe. I worked for days trying to get the design just right. I spent hours and hours changing things around to get the right mix. Everything I came up with stunk to high heaven so I got real creative and copied another bus. I ain't telling where it came from but if anyone can tell me which bus I copied I'll sent you a dozen micro fibers.

Quote Originally Posted by tdelorme View Post
    That's funny, Gordon. You know darn well my feelings on murals. Do you know how hard it was for me to ask you if you were keeping the one on your new coach. It was absolutely none of my business but man, I just had to know.
    Thanks, Joe. I worked for days trying to get the design just right. I spent hours and hours changing things around to get the right mix. Everything I came up with stunk to high heaven so I got real creative and copied another bus. I ain't telling where it came from but if anyone can tell me which bus I copied I'll sent you a dozen micro fibers.
    Ted,

It is the paint design from Britney Spears' bus isn't it? I will email you my shipping address.

(98 Liberty that Marathon was selling??)