Thread: Want To See A Naked Bus?

Hybrid View

Default Want To See A Naked Bus?

It's no secret that I dinged the bus awhile back. Fortunately the company doing the repair found damage that I had missed and included it in the estimate to the insurer so we should get everything taken care of. The guy talked me into repainting the whole bus, so I'm going to kick in the difference for a complete new paint job. The original colors were Imron and we are going back with the same colors in a different design. The DuPont rep was there this morning matching the old Imron numbers with the new numbers and says we won't know the difference. Our insurance is with National Interstate through Explorer. Great to work with. When I heard how high the estimate was, I offered to take the coach to another facility but they said that was not necessary. The head adjuster had spoken with the shop and gone over each item and he was good with the dollars so the work started last week.
    In the first picture, the guy on the ground is sanding a new SS panel in the area that will get paint. They had polished the whole panel before the install and it was a strange feeling watching a polished panel be sanded.

Here you can see different colors of the origional primer. There were two coats of primer over the whole bus. Grey primer first and then a yellow looking coat.

There were just a couple of tiny dings on the rear cap that they used an epoxy filler on.

The one missing panel is coming from Canada but should be here next week. Painting a bus is a huge job. I'm going over to Dallas once a week to keep an eye on the progress and push things along without being a pain. I just really miss not having my camper parked at home and ready to roll and we're still about three weeks away and thats if all the parts come in on time.

Ted,

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt with painting the bus. It took two months start to finish. What days are you in Dallas. I will be there tomorrow at Prevost to pickup my bus from its slide out roof repair.

Loc

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

Loc i ran over there early this morning. Next week the guy is going to have a pattern for us to look at on Wed. He says the DuPont guy will shoot the new colors for approval as well.
    Sorry we missed meeting up for lunch. I've got a coupon for a free Big Mac that I'll Fed-X to you instead. You back in Houston yet? I don't have your NYC address.

I don't know Ted...looking pretty salty as is, kind of a Tex-Mex look - I say drive her now!

More of a Desert Storm Camo, Gordon.
    Several years back, we had an old Foretravel that I was going to do a Mossy Oak camo wrap on. It really would have made a great hunting/fishing coach but I sold it to an fellow who wanted it more than I did.

dalej Guest

Ted,

Thanks for the photos!

Keep us posted on the process, it looks bad in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by Loc View Post
    Been there, done that, got the t-shirt with painting the bus. It took two months start to finish.
    Loc
    Loc:

We are very appreciative of your having had your former bus painted so nicely. We enjoy its beauty nearly daily.

Eric Faires
    Huntsville, TN