Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xantrex SW Series 4000 Watt Inverter/Charger

I was told that the new solar controller that is part of the new system is the heart of the whole deal. This along with 4-400 watt panels can accomplish much. The controller mentioned in my earlier post can mange and store what it gathers, turn off switch and generate the most from all sources.
    I will do more research and let all know the results.

Thanks for the real world experience.

Jeff Bayley Guest

Bruce- Put me down as a prospect for your inverters if you replace them. Mine work fine, but I've got some possible uses for them. What do you have now ?

My two cents (why to they call it "My two cents" but "A penny for your thoughts" ? Where does that extra penny go ?)..........my thought on solar is that I'd park in the shade when possible and their goes the solar. You can't make enough to run an A/C or else it would be awesome. So in fair weather where you have windows open, the idea is to keep the batteries up and not have to run the gen. Is that correct ?

One of the best uses for solar I like are the walk way lights you put along your sidewalk, driveway, etc. No trenching any wiring. Just poke em in the ground and wala.........lighting at night.

Would be neat if Prevost (or a converter) made H3's with the entire roof with built in (and accessable for service) solar panels but I guess you need the tracking system that follows the sun. I haven't followed pricing TOO closely but have the solar panels not come down in price too much after all these years ?

We try and park in the open so we can get a clear view of the sky for Sat server as we must be online at all times to manage our business activities.

Solar is not cheap, put if we were thinking cheap we would not own Prevosts.

I will keep you informed on the progress.