Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help needed finding bits and pieces

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bayley View Post
    Michael and Lew- Is this posting from Larry not the answer to the bulbs we need ?
    Jeff, I'm sure that Bulbtown will have the switch light bulbs we need but I'm thinking that the correct replacement is going to have a plastic or glass wedge base similar to #558 or #3057K (based on Lew's description of pulling them out with needlenose pliers) versus the midget groove base on the #386.

Jeff Bayley Guest

Michael-

My old bulb that came out says #386 on it so I guess I should get that for the replacement. Yeah ?

lewpopp Guest

Mike,

I was trying to tell you how to get the front cover off of the switch. The only way I can get the 386 bulb out is to use some very small needle nose again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bayley View Post
    Michael-

My old bulb that came out says #386 on it so I guess I should get that for the replacement. Yeah ?
    I stand (sit) corrected! I'll be double checking mine when I go to the bus lot tomorrow, but based on Lew's latest clarification post, it sounds like Jeff is correct! Thanks Lew and Jeff for keeping me straight! (Vita will tell you that it's damned near a full time job!)

Jeff Bayley Guest

Default A/C controler information

I got off the phone with Dometic just now.

I got crossed information at first as to whether the 4 button unit I have was available as a replacement. At first, the burn out kid helping me said "Uh, yeah dude, you can still get those for $75". Great I thought. Turns out he hit the pipe once too many times this morning. No 4 button replacement. Someone here commented earlier that was the case and that IS the case.

5 button control, 1 new control board. Part Number: 3310009.000
    Price: $240.00
    Each additional power board is $111. You need one for each A/C and you need a frost control for each roof A/C which is $12.00.
    630035 is the model of the A/C roof unit on my 97 Royal.

I'm going to wait and see how the cleaning of the controller unit comes out and try that first.

Any other Royal (or any at all) owners experience this annoying amount of dirt getting deposited from the exhaust points of the A/C's ? It's mucking up the head liner. I'm not going to try cleaning it again until I figure out how to stop it. I keep the filters clean and I believe I got on top of the bus 2 years ago and put new weather striping between the shroud where it mates up against the unit, yet I still have this very noticeable deposits.

lewpopp Guest

Jeff, how do you know he had too many hits on a pipe. Are you an expert?

why does it have to be a pipe? Why not some wrapped weed. Come on, let's be as accurate as you can be.

Jeff Bayley Guest

I ordered the 386 bulbs from Bulb Town. $1.00 each. I need about 5. Bought 20 so I'll have extra's if I make it to OK. get together for anybody that needs.

Jeff
    I found the FMCA tech tip about the Dou-Therm thermostats. It is in the July 2007 FMCA magazine. The problem is little brass contacts get bent out of shape. One has to take the unit apart to access the contacts. Once one gets to the contacts there are two choices. One bend the contacts back to the correct shape or the contacts can be turned arround as each side is the same. One side is bent the other has never been used. The article states to do one cintact at a time. I have one that needs fixed but have not had the time to do it. Mine lasted 9 years so if I get 9 more years on the other side of the contact I may not have the bus.
    As for the black at the A/C vents ours was bad when we first got the coach over 3 years ago. Now we keep the filtes clean and vacunm the roof once a week. Seems to keep the area clean. Have not found a cure for the black.

Jeff Bayley Guest

I need to get new decorative lights for inside the grab bar. There like the square ones on my coach around the window frames. I ordered them up before for the window lights but several years ago. Think the place that makes them up to your length is in Elkhart. Anyone know the name of the place ? If anyone has a running document they keep of all the suppliers like this I would be pleased to receive it. I'm starting to try to keep a list of suppliers but it never seems to be enough.