Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help needed finding bits and pieces

dalej Guest

Last set of photos from Jeff
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jeff Bayley Guest

Default What these pictures are of.........

First, thanks to Dale for getting them posted for me\

.......The first one I think I posted before and all the aqua hot pictures in fact. I found a great 2nd source for know how on these that sells parts (besides Mango Mikes expertise) and he I'll try to upload what he sent if I can or I'll email it to Mango and he can add it to his growing knowledge base. Really good trouble shooting stuff including a link the the service manual. Maybe many of you already have this.

The vent pictures were meant to ask someone "What brand of vent do I have" but I think almost all of us have Fantastic brands I've found out. Mine has a stripped worm screw, gear or something in the portion behind the knob on the 2nd photo. Need to call Fantastic to get free parts it's said.

In the 2nd set of photos, the first two show a pre-cut thick insulation piece with an radiant barrier on one side. These fit right into our square holes if you want to better insulate the bus from the vents in heat or cold.

The next picture if the Honeywell switch for the fans. I have two. I don't know why these aren't simple rocker switches. Do the thermastats actually work ? The tan thing next to it most will recognize as the remote thermostats for each zone. These work, but they each have a calibration of their own. Par for the course ???

The next one is a magnet to keep a Plexiglas door shut on the electrical panel. Sort of broke. Probably a hardware store item but anyone that can confirm, thank you.

The picture of the dash is meant to ask this question. I have dust behind the glass in the gauges. Has anyone taken these gauges apart to be able to dust the inside of the glass or just live with it. Not so bad. The round gauges I mean to say, not the square ones.

On Page 2 which should be the pictures just preceding this listing, is a bulb from the square blue switches on both the dash of the Royal Prevosts and they are also in the remote section in the rear bedroom and I think they are probably the same ones on the converter installed 12 volt breaker panel witches both in the front and the back (mine is 97 vintage). There's a part number on it I haven't tried Googling yet. The final picture is the thread that holds the day night shades together that I think I have a lead on getting.

Thank you Dale for posting these. Any help one where to get these bits and pieces appreciated.

lewpopp Guest

After seeing the picture of the fan, it sure looks like a Fantastic to me.

Jeff Bayley Guest

Default Royal Help Needed still

Anybody have anything further on these parts ? I'm pretty sure I've got the Fantastic Fan and the bulbs figured out with the exception of the one single bulb that I need for the square blue buttons (converter added) in the front and rear of the bus. I don't think Prevost will have those but I know they have the side market bulbs and the rocker switch lights (I think).

Need the magnet though and also if any one has a comment on the Dometic controller starting to glitch and an opinion on the remote thermastat questions.

Is there a way to parse the POG site for Royal owners since I may get more focused answers on these questions from other owners with a similar vintage of Royals ?

Jeff
    The bulbs for the blue buttons Royale uses is #386. I ordered some from Bulb Town in Jacksonville, FL. 800-413-9847, www.bulbtown.com.

Default Replacement bulbs for switch buttons needed!

I'm in need of replacement bulbs for the lights behind the small square switches (press on/press off) that control various components throughout the bus. Can anyone tell me from the picture the proper replacement bulb/part and recommend a source for these?

They are the square button switches on panels throughout the bus (like the one on the right side of the picture with four lit switches/buttons) that have labels like "Lights Master", "Bathroom Overhead Lights", "Gen Start", Gen Stop", etc. I haven't taken an accurate count yet, but I'd be surprised if I had less than 20 that I need to replace

Any help/advice would be most appreciated!!

michael_terry@comcast.net, on Flickr">bedside controls 2

lewpopp Guest

Mike,

The bulbs are reached by taking the cover off of the switch. Take a pair of needle nose and carefully pull and wiggle back and forth just a little.

The bulbs are expensive for the size. I purchased way more than I needed but the price went up after so I'm told. I'll look tomorrow what number they are and how much I have in them.

Jeff,

I also have several 24v bulbs for the running side lites on the coach. do you still need them?

For your information, I am "part and parcile" getting rid of my coach. Anyone want the main frame?

Quote Originally Posted by lewpopp View Post
    Mike,

The bulbs are reached by taking the cover off of the switch. Take a pair of needle nose and carefully pull and wiggle back and forth just a little.

The bulbs are expensive for the size. I purchased way more than I needed but the price went up after so I'm told. I'll look tomorrow what number they are and how much I have in them.
    Thanks Lew! I'll keep an eye out for your posting of the number and source!

Jeff Bayley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Larry W View Post
    Jeff
    The bulbs for the blue buttons Royale uses is #386. I ordered some from Bulb Town in Jacksonville, FL. 800-413-9847, www.bulbtown.com.
    Michael and Lew- Is this posting from Larry not the answer to the bulbs we need ?

Lew- I have about a half dozen of the side marker lights left, but thank you. I do need to keep a few more in stock but I'll probably just throw them in with the next Prevost Parts order.

Anyone ever find getting around the end of the bed a bit tight (non slide) ? I'd like to chain saw off 6" of my mattress but I think that will destroy it. The only thing I can think of is to get a memory foam mattress and cut it to fit to make a bit more walking room. Any other ideas ?

Jeff look in the back of FMCA mag. My folks had a small motorhome that had a 45 deg angle on one corner. I later saw an ad that could make them. What you want is not strange in the RV world.
    GregM